Suffix 832 bandwagon jumper impressions.

BillM

I've been running 30lb on an MH baitcaster and a M spinning outfit....same spool of suffix on both. Not a ton of bleeding....zero breaks....and I have to say...I no tip-wrapping issues to speak of. dunno.gif

Having been a long time PP user...I don't see many significant advantages in this stuff....but perhaps it floats a bit better, which I love when fishing the wacky worm.

Yup.. I think it's the 'limpness' of this new line that's most likely the issue. When wet it likes to lay down on the blank anytime there is slack and wraps itself up. Perhaps I'll have to try some on my spinning outfits and see how it goes. Perhaps maybe even moving up to 30-40lb might help on the baitcaster, currently running 20lb.

I agree 100%. Bad enough on a calm day, add a bit of wind and it will drive you crazy. I've used it on a spinning outfit and had problems as well.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I also use the 30 lb 832. i've been using it this year fishing the river for 'eyes. excellent sensitivity as i tick the rocks even in the heavy current areas and i've yet to lose a lure other than jigs. I found PP tough to fish with for reasons similar to your complaints so perhaps variations in guide choice and gear ratios affects these lines differently.

If you don't mind trying the 30lb it might help your situation but if you prefer the lower diameter of the PP then why fix what isn't broken?

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

It only wraps around the guides eh? HAHAHAHAHA That's a relief.

Hey Gordie! Last night I dreamed I was fishing with a flexible carrot. That's beautiful, Frank, call production and marketing, tell'em I want a million units on the market next month. We'll call'em Carrot Stix!

Hey boss, consumer research says the fishing geniuses want to match the hatch. Go for it, Gordie! But boss, the only colours we have left in the paint department makes a kind of a monkey puke colour. Close enough Gord......put'em out there. They'll buy'em.

Blood red hooks to imitate injured prey? But boss, I hear that underwater the red appears as a dark grey or black. As long as it looks like red when it's on the shelves Gordo.... Gotcha boss.

I'm really glad you guys aren't into sky diving.

Gordie, see those two lures. The green and black one. Take the black one and put it in a package that says "Cloudy". Take the green one and put it in the "Sunny" package. Now take that top water lure and put in the "dawn & dusk" package.....

Wait a sec, that may actually sell... above is trademarked, copyright of plentyofphil.com

Well, if you don't like the 832 there is going to be a new entry from Shimano/Powerpro coming out before the end of the summer.

This is the 2012 Stradic FJ spooled with "PowerPro Super 8 Slick"

5915821485_b32921b5b9.jpg

Edited by bdox

I've never had issue with mine.

I use the 50lb neon lime.

I've been using it since March I think and the color is still yellow but has faded from the neon lime.

No bleeding when I used it fresh out of the spool.

No random line breaks at all. I've had some good snags and manage to catch a few trees.

I've also found that it doesn't fray like the other braids I've used.

I've got nothing negative about this line other then I want to see the neon lime come to Canada ASAP.

I fish Lake O from shore and take lots of wind every time I go out and haven't had any issues. Anytime it wraps around my first guide its cuz I did something to make that happen during the cast. But a quick flick of the rod takes it out.

Edited by umKthxbye

I once used 15 pound pp on a Baicaster and had all the same problems you are experiencing. Have never put anything less than 30 pound on baitcasters since and never the issues. I don't like to go less than 15 pound test on spinning setups either. Try 30 pound and I bet your issues of breaking and looping around eyes is gone.

Sufix is going in the fire pit. Waist of money..

Power pro is no better...

I will gladly replace my spools with 8 pound mono!!

Half the cost better results.

Last long wknd I put down my crucial with sufix (to many problems over last 6 outings).

picked up the comprey with 6 pound mono never lost a fish(4-5lbs bass and 4 pike 3- 8 lbs)..

Going to try the flouro but dont have high expectations.

Wouldnt even put the suckixxxx on my icefishing pertch gear..

I had similar problems with the Suffix 832. I also found that the gore in the line was to be a pain allowing the ling the braid to slide up the gore and wrinkle when it snapped. I won't be using it again thats forsure.

Chris, are you saying that the gore fiber stayed straight while the braid moved around it thus causing break off spots? just asking as that's how I read your reply. thanks.

Edited by GBW

Put 20lb PPro back on the Calais yesterday, problems are gone. I did notice the 832 liked to fray a lot as well.

Live and learn I guess. I've still got some on a few of my spinning setups, but will probably be going back to 6lb Fireline Crystal on them to.

Put 20lb PPro back on the Calais yesterday, problems are gone. I did notice the 832 liked to fray a lot as well.

Live and learn I guess. I've still got some on a few of my spinning setups, but will probably be going back to 6lb Fireline Crystal on them to.

Weird, I found it to fray allot less.

I just got back from 2 weeks of kawartha fishing. The Abu Verdict/Abu Revo combo was spooled with 50lb Sufix 832 to try it out. I really have no complaints other then my reel is all green from the dye coming off. I was happy with the performance especially the casting distance. Also, kinda weird but I found that it wasn't as noisy as PPro when reeling in a fish. I'd buy it again for sure but I am partial to PPro. :)

Cheers,

Colin

Edited by ckrb2007

I use 20 pound on all my spinning reels and I have had know problems with the stuff, I also use Powerpro and its goof but it does not cast as good. When people have problems with line I find its 99% user error.

Who's talking about spinning outfits here? If I had highframes on my St.Croix Avid, I doubt I'd have any line wrap issues either, lol..

I use 20 pound on all my spinning reels and I have had know problems with the stuff, I also use Powerpro and its goof but it does not cast as good. When people have problems with line I find its 99% user error.

I agree 100% on user error.

The only time I got tip wrap was when I tried to set the hook and there was nothing to set in so the line just came flying back. When I put the tip down to start reeling in the line was wrapped. That to me is user error. I'm talking baitcaster.