Need Help Please

muskymike

Hey guys,

Here is the situation, I have a buddy that wants to go for a weekend or week trip to catch as many walleye and pike as he can in the period he spends on the lake. He asked me to throw something out on here to see what all of you recommend. This is what he is looking for:

1) Walleye and Pike

2) within 10 driving hours of Ottawa

3) no fly-ins

4) price is not an object

5) food plans are not important (only a bonus)

6) as secluded as possible

7) he is American :devil:

If anyone can help out and recommend something for him or multiples, it would be very appreciated. I told him to go to Kesagami but he doesnt want the fly-in nor the distance. (I found it too expensive).

Anyways, any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Edited by MuskyMike

I'm not secluded... St Lawrence river... But I get loads of walleye and I don't get pike... But I can sub in musky instead...

And I'm only an hour away

I think he is looking for a lake in the middle of no where type of camp. Or lodge. He tends to fish this area a lot and wants to experience somewhere different. There must be some camps people have been to that they enjoyed...hopefully.

Agree with BillM - there are a ton of places to fish in Quebec where he can catch pike and walleyes till his arms fall off.

Pourvoirie du Balbuzard Sauvage (Literal translation - "Domain of the savage bald buzzard," ..... lots of ospreys there) is in Abitibi region on Lac Trevet. It's not far from Seneterre, and a good drive north of Ottawa (you want a 4x4). There's a very nice lodge with decent boats and absolutely incredible food, since the owner, Anik, is a certified gourmet chef). The main lake has some mongo pike and walleye, but if he wants numbers then it's best to ATV into the back lakes, which are seldom touched. I had a pretty good time when I went (pike to 45 inches, walleyes to about 8 pounds).

Click here for the lodge website.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Agree with BillM - there are a ton of places to fish in Quebec where he can catch pike and walleyes till his arms fall off.

Pourvoirie du Balbuzard Sauvage (Literal translation - "Domain of the savage bald buzzard," ..... lots of ospreys there) is in Abitibi region on Lac Trevet. It's not far from Seneterre, and a good drive north of Ottawa (you want a 4x4). There's a very nice lodge with decent boats and absolutely incredible food, since the owner, Anik, is a certified gourmet chef). The main lake has some mongo pike and walleye, but if he wants numbers then it's best to ATV into the back lakes, which are seldom touched. I had a pretty good time when I went (pike to 45 inches, walleyes to about 8 pounds).

Click here for the lodge website.

I'll let him know. Thanks a lot for this info.

Anyone else that has had any good experiences?