Anyone used the lowrance x4 or pro

porkpie

I am looking for a cheap sonar for the tinny. I am looking at the x4 or x4 pro. This is for a 14 foot no frills hunting and fishing rig at the family cottage. I would like to hear of personal experience with these units, and while I am not opposed to hearing other suggestions, let's keep them under the 200 dollar mark please as this is a basic fishing rig, and all I need is something that shows depth and structure! Thanks!

I am looking for a cheap sonar for the tinny. I am looking at the x4 or x4 pro. This is for a 14 foot no frills hunting and fishing rig at the family cottage. I would like to hear of personal experience with these units, and while I am not opposed to hearing other suggestions, let's keep them under the 200 dollar mark please as this is a basic fishing rig, and all I need is something that shows depth and structure! Thanks!

They have a 240 x 160 pixel count which is quite acceptable, down to 600 ft. It will give you everything that you have asked for. The sister brand, Eagle has similar units called Cuda, my son uses one year round, no problems. Bass Pro has the one you're looking for listed at $79 US.

I made my Cuda 168 into a portable unit for my 14' tinny. all you need is a milk crate, wood for a lid, hinges, a battery and a 'C' clamp (oh and an old broken hockey stick or wood like it). mount the transducer to the 'hockey stick' and use the C clamp to hold it to the back of the boat. the rest is your case for the battery and the wood lid is where you mount the display. I'm going to sell mine I think as i don't use it.

I purchased the Lowrance X-4 portable fish finder (same as the X-4 but it has a battery pack). Being a bit rookie, the system worked quite well for me. I just stuck the transducer on the boat and turned on the power - voila temperature, depth and etc. It seemed very straightforward and easy to use. My main purpose was to use it to find underwater structure. You can adjust things like noise filtering, fish finder program and etc as well. The X-4 is around $100 which I think is a bargain.