Pigeon, Buckhorn, Chemeong Lake help!!

maybo

Hi my friends and I rent a cottage in Chemeong Lake this August. We are planning to fish in Pigeon, Buckhorn and Chemeong Lake. We mainly want to target Bass, Walleye, Musky and Crappie.

Any good spot you may suggest? Any good restaurants or local interest near Chemeong Lake worth to pay a visit? Any information will be helpful. Thank you

this info is from another site...

Chemung Lake Access/Launches

Trying to compile a list of access points. If anyone can help ...

Bridgenorth Area

1) BEL Rotary Park

Yankee Line/Robinson Rd intersection (44°23'13.45"N- 78°23'58.74"W)

- concrete ramp

- No Charge launch, parking, or park use (BITO*)

2) formerly "Dutch Marine"

east side of lake, 1 block north of traffic lights

- concrete ramp

- No Charge launch

- DO NOT park on private property & observe local parking bylaws

3) Wilcox St road allowance

east side of lake near the cemetary

- natural ramp/limited parking

- No Charge launch (BITO*)

- Observe local parking bylaws

4) Irish Line road allowance

west side of lake

- natural ramp/limited parking

- No Charge launch (BITO*)

5) Tindle Bay Rd road allowance

- NO launch, ICE access only

6) Jones Beach Municipal Park

east side of lake 1 km north of Dutch Marine

- no launch but sand beach, kid friendly, nice place to park the spouse/kids/inlaws

- winter access to lake

7) Upper Chemung Dr.

Thank-you to flippincrazy & rethomps

north end of the lake just off of Buckhorn Rd

- gravel launch, no charge

- parking on the street

8) 12th Line of Smith road allowance

Thank-you to bluefin

east side of the lake, close to north end

- gravel launch, no charge

- limited parking

9) Selwyn Conservation Area

2251 Birch Island Rd, Selwyn, Ontario (44.472827,-78.344874)

- no launch but excellent beach, picnic areas, bar'b'q

- group camping

http://www.ontarioconservationareas.ca/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=visit&link_id=178&Itemid=26

* BITO = Boat In Trash Out! Take all of your trash, and somebody else's . No cost, no effort, no problem!

We(used to) go in June to Upper Chemong. If keeping kids catching fish is a concern, dragging crawler harnesses anywhere in Chemong will keep you busy. Bass, crappie, perch,walleye, with an occasional musky are the norm ( in June, anyway). Below Kelly's Island is a nice place to topwater bass,too!

Right out front of Redwing Cottages is a deeper(17') hole, fish the top edges around it.

We didn't go up this year due to a couple new guys in the group having a DUI to their credit. So, we went to Oneida Lake in NY, which will be our 'go-to' lake from now on.

But, when I have a smaller gang to go....Chemong will be our destination.

upper chemong critter, 2010:

GerryNickmuskie.jpg

Edited by Rodwrap

Concentrate on any weedbeds you can find, the thicker the better. Fish the outsides first then move into the pockets in the weeds. You should get walleye and bass doing this. You can use jigs or texas rigs for this application.

Let me know if you find a concentration of Crappie, they tend to disappear in the summer.

Bass are liking the wacky rigs fished slow around the weedbeds.

Muskie are around the weeds or suspended out over the deeper water. Try spinner baits over the weeds or larger cranks over deeper water. Have also been seeing a lot in shallow around the pads.

Buckhorn is my least favourite of the three.

Fishing spots I can't help you with... :whistling:

The two best restaurants in the area are Jesse's Tap & Grill in Ennismore for a bar & grill experience and Chemong Lodge for a more refined atmosphere.

Enjoy your time in the area and good luck with the fishing.

Sunset Dining Room on Curve Lake (see above map) is one of our favorite places to dine with friends...besides the dining room there is also a restaurant for burgers, hot dogs, ice cream cones, etc

It's my favourite of the three, more structure and variety.

I agree with you about the structure and it being a more interesting lake to fish Jer. I just can't catch fish out of it anymore :-(. It used to be one of my favourite destinations.

I agree with you about the structure and it being a more interesting lake to fish Jer. I just can't catch fish out of it anymore :-(. It used to be one of my favourite destinations.

Buckhorn is still my personal fav. Pigeon a close second. Chemong is only good for simply getting to the other lakes IMO. Chemong drives me nuts, reminds me of scugog, but I can't dial in the shallow dukers there.

I am fishing the emerald ilse again this year after a little hiatus, so I may have to try Chemong again. If you hear a guy cursing while fishing, come on over and say hi. :)

As for the OP, sometimes to most obvious structure can be the most productive. Have an eye for rice beds and pads. Also, south end of Pigeon is deadly Bass and Muskie water.

If fishing gets alittle tiresome, have a scoot over to the west shore of pigeon across from the narrows for some scenery. You should come across a sand bar. Not so good structure for fish, but awesome for cottagers that like to tan. Fish on!

Buckhorn is still my personal fav. Pigeon a close second. Chemong is only good for simply getting to the other lakes IMO. Chemong drives me nuts, reminds me of scugog, but I can't dial in the shallow dukers there.

I am fishing the emerald ilse again this year after a little hiatus, so I may have to try Chemong again. If you hear a guy cursing while fishing, come on over and say hi. :)

As for the OP, sometimes to most obvious structure can be the most productive. Have an eye for rice beds and pads. Also, south end of Pigeon is deadly Bass and Muskie water.

If fishing gets alittle tiresome, have a scoot over to the west shore of pigeon across from the narrows for some scenery. You should come across a sand bar. Not so good structure for fish, but awesome for cottagers that like to tan. Fish on!

I'm the opposite of you Harrison. I avoid Buckhorn during the Emerald Island Tourney. I can catch some during pre-fish, but can't catch a break during the tourney. Much more luck on Chemong!

I always love how everyone begs for Pigeon to be opened for that tourney. It's just the time of year and that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. I do think that those 7 + lbers that were caught a few years back came out of Buckhorn.