Sign in to follow this  
limeyangler

Slip bobbers at sundown

Hi all,

Went to a small local lake and got into some nice walleye. I Thought the bite was panning out to be an evening bite but found some active walleye in the weeds by accident while messing around with the pike.

A the wind dropped and the sun began to set the walleyes in the weeds dissappeared and i moved out deeper(11') and used a slip bobber as the fishfinder was showing the fish being very shy of biting. The calm conditions really lent themselves to this presentation and the walleye were far more willing to bite.

A good 2 hours of relaxation after an afternoon of ripping drywall down in my washroom.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tio6gJyenu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NICE CHUNKY WALLEYES

IMG_3309.jpg

FOUND THE DAY WALKERS BY ACCIDENT WITH THIS CONTRAPTION

IMG_3303.jpg

SLIP BOBBERS AT SUNDOWN.........NICE!

IMG_3318.jpg

Great way to spend a couple of hours Simon B):thumbsup_anim:

Yesterday, went for an afternoon of wally hunting with Paul and caught a couple of saugers on jig and twister tail tipped with a dewie... when the bite died down, targetted largies in the shallows..... 3 hours of none stop action until sun set B):D

Jitter bug and skitter pop was the lures of choice.... even got 4 nice bass in 4 casts :w00t:B) Total tally for the evening was over 50 largies boated between the two of us B):D

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Edited to say:

Mepps Black Furry is a very versatile lure.... It catches fish period :) of different species B)

Edited by Leechman

Great way to spend a couple of hours Simon B):thumbsup_anim:

Yesterday, went for an afternoon of wally hunting with Paul and caught a couple of saugers on jig and twister tail tipped with a dewie... when the bite died down, targetted largies in the shallows..... 3 hours of none stop action until sun set B):D

Jitter bug and skitter pop was the lures of choice.... even got 4 nice bass in 4 casts :w00t:B) Total tally for the evening was over 50 largies boated between the two of us B):D

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Edited to say:

Mepps Black Furry is a very versatile lure.... It catches fish period :) of different species B)

Now that sounds like fun...where are the PICTURES!!!!!?????

Now that sounds like fun...where are the PICTURES!!!!!?????

It sure was a lot of fun to watch our lures get violently strike on surface B):D Unfortunately the camera was not used :( didn't want to cut on my fishing time ;):lol:

Next time I'll try to get a few videos of the action... it was INCREDIBLE to say the least B)

Nice work Simon, gotta to love slip bobber fishing when the lake is like glass!

Rob C

Yep pretty tough to complain when you have non-stop walleye action within minutes of your house. Great video and pics simon. You are gonna have to find a better place to put your hand held remote so we can hear you better. Almost sounds like you have an english accent? w00t.gif

Slip Rigging a Bullet Bobber is the best way to fish. Bullet Bobbers plane to the side and flip direction when you give them a little tug. Use a split shot to set the minimum depth and a bobber stop if you want to limit the maximum depth. When you give it slack it drops and moves sideways and not directly towards you. Great for getting into tight places without worry of snagging on the cast. www.bulletbobber.com

FunctionDiagramSlipBobber.jpg

:thumbsup_anim: Simon I knew it will not take long to see you with some eyes at the end of your line :clapping:

But I do think you need a good camera man...if I was there I would have got you one of the action shots right when the bobber goes down...priceless :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I love watching a bobber sink. Your video's are amazing. Could you post some information on your video setup and type of camera :)

lol, you'd be surprised at his set up!

Simon has skills!!!worthy.gif

:thumbsup_anim: Simon I knew it will not take long to see you with some eyes at the end of your line :clapping:

But I do think you need a good camera man...if I was there I would have got you one of the action shots right when the bobber goes down...priceless :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

LOL...erm...yeah...i jumped in my time machine to chase a skunk away!

lol, you'd be surprised at his set up!

Simon has skills!!!worthy.gif

skills?....do you know how many fish i freekin loose doing my camera thing...its criminal!

Not much of a set up involved...i just hold the camera like this..........

th_reelcam.jpg