Shimano Sale @ Le Baron?

baal

Hi guys, Le Baron has a Shimano Rods & Reels sale (20% off) in Toronto. I never used Shimano before so I am wondering if Crucial spinning rod and Sustain FE reel a good combination for crappie fishing? Which model (I mean the length of the rod and size of the reel) is good for me? What if I want to use it for bass fishing? Thanks a lot!

I use the Sustain 1000 FE for ultralight fishing and it is amazing.

cant speak for the crucial rods, I use the G. Loomis Trout series rods, (TSR rods) which are fantastic, but not cheap.

however, the crucials have a great rep, so I am sure you will be very happy.

Dont pay them notice. They probably each own enough fishing gear to start a Bass Pro shops franchisewhistling.gif

Personally, you cant go wrong with Shimano. If you have the cash to buy the Bling, then by all means go for it. 20 % is not that big of a deal though. Shop around on Ebay, or in the Classifieds here. You'd prolly get a better deal.

here`s what ya do go buy a Sedona and a Clarus and with the 300 hundred or so you save you take half that 300 hun and give it to a charity of your choice and the remainder of that 300 hun you send to me and I will spend it wisely I promise!!! :Gonefishing:

And never mind that Paul guy he speaks with fork tongue!!! :P

Oh and by the way I only have one inexpensive combo!!! :whistling:

Edited by lookinforwalleye

here`s what ya do go buy a Sedona and a Clarus and with the 300 hundred or so you save you take half that 300 hun and give it to a charity of your choice and the remainder of that 300 hun you send to me and I will spend it wisely I promise!!! Gonefishing.gif

And never mind that Paul guy he speaks with fork tongue!!! tongue.gif

Oh and by the way I only have one inexpensive combo!!! whistling.gif

rofl2.gif One Combo??? AMATEUR!!!cool.giftongue.gif Even lowly little newbie me, has 4...( I listen too much to the Pro's i admit.

If you wanna put the cash on the table and get a good reel, go pick up a front drag symetre. They are awesome. Match that with a compre if you like a light rod or a clarus if you want something a bit heavier, and you will have a great copmbo that will last you years.