An exciting day in Yellowknife

DRIFTER_016

Living in a small town has it's advantages. Today was the official welcoming ceremony for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (AKA Will's & Kate :D ) and as luck would have it the park is just 2 blocks from my office. So at 9:30 this morning I went to the park to find a good place to do some royal watching.

I found a spot right along the barriers on the way to the street hockey demonstration and new it was perfect for getting some photos and video as the Royals passed on their way to the hockey event area.

I was right and got some great shots and best of all got to talk to Prince William and shake his hand, but I was too busy with the cameras when his lovely bride came by and the security dudes hurried her past as they were getting too far behind the prince. I did get a great shot of her while she was shaking hands with my buddy though.

Enjoy the pics. :D

Some early area and crowd shots

YKRoyalVisit1.jpg

YKRoyalVisit2.jpg

YKRoyalVisit3.jpg

Some shots of William

YKRoyalVisit9.jpg

P7050057.jpg

YKRoyalVisit11.jpg

YKRoyalVisit4.jpg

YKRoyalVisit5.jpg

YKRoyalVisit6.jpg

And some shots of Kate

YKRoyalVisit10.jpg

YKRoyalVisit7.jpg

YKRoyalVisit8.jpg

They didn't take them to the Gold Range? (local drinking barn of various repute for those unfamiliar) How were they to get the true flavour of Yellowknife? Everybody meets at the Strange Range! It's on wikipedia.

I offered to buy him a pint at The Range but he was on a tight schedule. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Security in pic #5 is looking at you like he's ready to call for back up.

I wasn't worried as I met his boss on Monday and we got along great.

Besides his boss owes me one. I saved him from some embarrassment due to a wardrobe malfunction. :rofl2::rofl2: :rofl2:

Cool shots! She is a good looking woman thats for sure..I too dont understand why people line up to see them? whats the attraction? I just dont get it..Perhaps its because im of the a younger genneration..We were never taught to respect Royalty like folks were in the 60's 70's and so on. I had the chance to meet the Queen or a Princess in the 80's in toronto when I was a kid..Had no interest..Still dont actually...lol..Did somone say she had a sister??? :whistling:

YKRoyalVisit6.jpg

And some shots of Kate

YKRoyalVisit8.jpg

wow... they look so.. human? balding, imperfect complexions and all. you shoulda offered her a cheeseburger.

Wow, those are close shots of two people who have recently saturated the worlds stage.

Can't believe the most real close ups of them are found on an Ontario fishing forum. :Gonefishing:

Ya, i personally dont get it......what is it exactly that they do? What is their function lol

Having said that, i do realize that they are a sensation and that sure does make your photos quite impressive. You should have gotten a couple close-ups though