BOAT SURVEY ??HELP

FISHINGNUT

I just recieved a phone call from my insurance company informing me that I need to have a boat survey done on my boat by July 18th or they will not renew my policy .I own a 1989 17 foot aluminum bow rider with a 50hp the boat has been insured by the same company for 8 yrs with no claims made by me or any problems.Now all of a sudden I have to get this done ??? I am in the Kitchener area closest place is 45min away and they want $400.00 and cant do it till mid August.Am I out to lunch why $400 and why do I need this??? Anyone have any suggestions or have had similiar situation. I know the boat is older but I had an appraisal done and summited pics 2 yrs ago to them to verify the condition

Thanks Jamie

50 hp

400 bucks

do you even need insurance

go to a different insurance company and they will fix you up

unless you are insuring it for far more then they think it is worth

Edited by Terry

I had a 87 ranger,insured it for 10 g,s .Never had an issue. My 89 Bayliner same thing.

If anything,you want liability.Was told you dont need a survey for that. Is it still not true if you are towing the boat,it,s covered by your auto insurance?

Thanks for the repiles guys. Made sum phone calls yesterday all the insurance companies I talked to said there was no need for a boat survey on an aluminum boat just wanted picture proof and most were 1/2 the price of my current insurer for the same coverage . So i guess it pays to shop around just saved over $550 for making a few calls.

Thanks for the repiles guys. Made sum phone calls yesterday all the insurance companies I talked to said there was no need for a boat survey on an aluminum boat just wanted picture proof and most were 1/2 the price of my current insurer for the same coverage . So i guess it pays to shop around just saved over $550 for making a few calls.

mines 417, 30000 dollar, full coverage on a brand new lund

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

glad to hear that you found the best deal. it goes to show that there is always someone else willing to take on your business.