A month ago today!

limeyangler

Hi all,

Just thought i'd announce my success....lol

I quit smoking a month ago today. I'm pretty darned pleased with myself, never thought i'd ever even give up.

Its been easy some days and a PIG on others.

If anyone out there is considering giving it a go just do it! I cannot comment on any other methods people use to quit, but the patches so far have worked great for me.

I have been playing around with not wearing them in the last week or 2 and can get by without them...but they do help. I definitely would suggest not wearing them at night....in fact i take mine off a good 3 hours before bedtime....i just use them for the first part of the day most days.

Anyway....its early days yet....but i'm liking not being a smoker....hating the cravings and crabbiness though.

I did have one really great experience last week. I was heading out for an early morning fish in the boat....the rush of air i could actually breathe in when i opened up the throttle on the tiller was awesome...not been able to breathe that clearly for 30 years!!!

Way to go Simone!

The worst is definately behind you, never look back, it just keeps getting easier from this point, I am on year 3 or 4 or somthing now, I have no idea.

Question now is what are you going to buy with all your money!

Congrats Simon .... keep thinking of my typed thoughts on the matter.. you'll do just fine! :D

I am still haunted by the echoes of your words wayne.

Congrats! Having any crazy nicotine-patch dreams? :P

I wish...i only get the cravings.

Way to go Simon. It gets easier from here on. The patch didn't bother me at night, but my wife couldn't sleep with hers on either. Keep it up. You will have no regrets.

Thanks Gord. Some storm we had yesterday eh?

Congrat's Simon...............if you ever consider falling off the wagon read my PM's...........

I will John, thanks for your support...you guys really help with all this.

wtg Simon.... odaat ;)

odaat....lol....will do!

Way to go Simone!

The worst is definately behind you, never look back, it just keeps getting easier from this point, I am on year 3 or 4 or somthing now, I have no idea.

Question now is what are you going to buy with all your money!

Thanks Bubbles....i should be bothered that you call me 'simone'...but strangely i'm not....lol.

As for the money...i picked the worst time in history to quit, cuz with the gas prices i'm just about breaking even with my pre hike financial situation :blink: