Storm Cloud Sunset

limeyangler

Hi all,

The mother of all thunderstorms rolled through here just before sunset, the cloud formations and colors it left behind were stunning....i grabbbed the camera and snapped away....enjoy.

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0181-1.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0176-1.jpg

IMG_0194-1.jpg

IMG_0195-1.jpg

IMG_0196-1.jpg

IMG_0199-1.jpg

IMG_0200-1.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Nice shooting. How come you didn't toss a line out while you were snapping. You probably could a got your limit in the 20 or so minutes you were out there lol. You have a beautiful property Simon. My favourite is the second last picture with the reeds in it.

Edited by Nipfisher

Nice shooting. How come you didn't toss a line out while you were snapping. You probably could a got your limit in the 20 or so minutes you were out there lol. You have a beautiful property Simon. My favourite is the second last picture with the reeds in it.

This is from the same set of pics tonight Blair....answer your question?....and yes...limit was achieved albeit all very small.

IMG_0223.jpg

You piss me off with every report Simondry.gif Glad to be o n the same derby team though. I am very envious. What no pics of Jack? I'm guessing he was getting ready for bed.I had Karter out on the dock this weekend and we caught about 100 dink perch, smallies and rock bass. He loves holding them and throwing them into the water.

Edited by Nipfisher

Great pics Simon. That was one heck of a storm. The wind had me fearing for my dock and it knocked the corn in my garden flat. Thank god we missed the tennis ball sized hail that SE Manitoba got out of that system. I didn't like the look of it on the horizon and had parked both our vehicles in our storage shed just in case.

Edited by Old Man

You piss me off with every report Simondry.gif Glad to be o n the same derby team though. I am very envious. What no pics of Jack? I'm guessing he was getting ready for bed.I had Karter out on the dock this weekend and we caught about 100 dink perch, smallies and rock bass. He loves holding them and throwing them into the water.

Hey Blair, yup...sucks to be me! No pics of karter's perch fest?

I was gonna do a trip with jack that evening...but the sky looked ominous. Really glad we did stay back, even though the little lake we intended on going to is very sheltered, the wind the storm whipped up was scary

Wow, that is all I have to say.

LOL...thats what i said too when i walked outside and saw the clouds

Thx for sharing Simon. I enjoyed them all. I'm not a camera guy at all...it rarely occurs to me to snap a few shots of what's going on around me. But I sure do appreciate when others take the time.

No probs CPH, my pleasure.

Those are brilliant photos Simon, love them, thanks.

I borrowed a few :whistling::)

Thanks Joey, cant take much credit though, the scenery was there and the point and shoot did the rest.

Your guides aren't straight Simon but I see from your amazing photos that there's nothing wrong with your vision. :D

LOL....i was wondering if anyone would notice :blush::whistling::thumbsup_anim:

Wow!!!!

I love crazy weather.

Me too, I turned off the lights in the living room and Jack sat on my lap and we watched the show for half an hour....He loved it!

That's wild, especially mixed in with a sunset. now go find a photocontest online.

Yeah the timing of the sunset was perfect!

great shots Simon !!!

Thannx JDS!

Man, those are some nice pictures man. I've never seen clouds quite like that before.

Me either, really strange.

that was a crazy storm here on eagle lake

Yeah...it must have hit there first. Whats the fishing been like....i went a couple of times recently...slow to say the least...all the spots i usually do well at have dried up, marking fish...no takers...fishfly hatch ya think?

Great pics Simon. That was one heck of a storm. The wind had me fearing for my dock and it knocked the corn in my garden flat. Thank god we missed the tennis ball sized hail that SE Manitoba got out of that system. I didn't like the look of it on the horizon and had parked both our vehicles in our storage shed just in case.

LOL...yeah...Jack's climber/slide went for a spin round the yard...was quite the scene watching my wife chase it around.....i would have gone out to help....but i'd just done my hair and did not want the wind and rain to ruin it :stretcher:

Wow! Wow! Triple Wow!

You captured a real unbelievable and somewhat special moment.

Those type of clouds are called mammatus and only occur on the back end of big thunderstorms.

You could win a photo contest with that series especially on a meteorlogical/climatological website.

Again you are truly blessed to be in an area with great fishing all around and incredible scenery at your doorstep.

Thanks for sharing this with us. :thumbsup_anim:

Simon,those pics are awesome.

I was at GF's place in Eagle River when the storm went through,I saw those clouds & thought damn, my camera is at home.

I talked to a buddy who lives in Oxdrift today,during the storm the wind sucked a skylight right off his roof letting the water pour right in.

Glad you got the pics,you sure don't see the sky like that too often. :good: