Just a great day with family and friends

danc

I dont often post stuff like this this but it was such a fun day, I thought why not? It was my grandsons fourth birthday today and Nita and I threw him a backyard swimming party. Due to lifes circumstances, Nita and I are raising this little guy. It's a lot of time and work but we both love it. He's been with us for just over two years now.

Referring to the grilling thread, here's my backyard grilling shrine. I spend countless hours under this little tent.

tristans4rth1.jpg

We picked up this 18'x 42" deep pool on the local Kijiji site for a song last fall. The weather has finally warmed up enough to use it. It was 29C here today.

tristans4rth3.jpg

Nita doing some last minute cleaning up before the party.

tristans4rth2.jpg

Nita recently became reunited with an old childhood friend who dropped by today. That's Linda on the left and Nita on the right.

tristans4rth4.jpg

And this is Tristan. Lord help us try to keep him out of this pool. He loves it in there. He's a bit young yet but maybe next year I'll be posting a pic of him with a 22 or 24 inch Brook Trout.

tristans4rth5.jpg

I hope you all had a great weekend too.

Well done.

I took my 2 year old son for his first boat ride today. It was awesome. You have a great spread there, you must be extremely happy that you can share it with such quality people.

Watching my son sit on my fathers lap today in my boat was a moment I will never forget. I am sure you feel the same way about many of that little fella's achievements.