Murphys Point, near Perth

Hi Everyone,

I've been invited up to Murphys Point near Perth which I think is on the Lake Rideau, Hoggs Lake complex.

Has anyone fished here and could give me some information on species and tactics.

The drive up is about 4 and a half hours from where I live so I really want to make it worth the journey.

Cheers and thanks for any help.

Hi Everyone,

I've been invited up to Murphys Point near Perth which I think is on the Lake Rideau, Hoggs Lake complex.

Has anyone fished here and could give me some information on species and tactics.

The drive up is about 4 and a half hours from where I live so I really want to make it worth the journey.

Cheers and thanks for any help.

Big Rideau Lake, Murphys point

Excellent bass, lake trout, pike.

NIce lake, nice water

Just drove thru it on Friday. I live just down the road. Nice park. Lake looks very promising. Not sure where to go or what to fish for but I have heard good things. Hopefully someone else from the area can help you out.

PS. It wont take you 4 1/2 hours from Woodbridge. As long as you can get through the Yorkdale-115 stretch with decent traffic, it shouldnt take you more then 3 to a max 3.5 hours. I drive to Stoney Creek/Hamilton all the time and its only 3.5 hours.