Hercules over Clear Lake

lew

I live beside Clear Lake in the Kawarthas and often see Hercules aircraft from Trenton Air Base flying overhead but today they were MUCH lower than normal and almost seemed as if they were looking for something.

Three different times they flew north to the top end of the lake, then turned around and flew south directly over my place to the south end, then turned north again for another pass. I had the impression maybe they were looking for a missing boat or something but didn't hear anything on the news.

Anyways, I was able to get a few decent pictures from the backyard with my point & shoot for anyone that may be interested.

Cnv1157.jpg

Cnv1161.jpg

Cnv1158.jpg

Cnv1160.jpg

Cnv1159.jpg

Edited by lew

Lew,thier props are not turning,how do they keep them flying? :sarcasm::tease::rofl2:

Very cool pics bud.

Maybe that's why he was circling Brian, outta gas and looking for a place to land :oops::lol:

Nice pics Lew :canadian:

That Hercules happens to be a CC130J from 436 Squadron CFB Trenton.

It performed a fly past today at the Portraits of Honour Cermony I was invited to attend today in Peterborough.

My link

This is a brand new machine and it could be heard making circuits in the area until the appropriate time for the fly past.

It carried on afterwards on a training flight.

CF Hercules have flow the Kawarthas/North Hastings for years at low levels for training/practice. They are usually given a landmark etc. and have to pinpoint it for practice. Couldn't believe how quiet the new Hercules is at such a low level.

Was an emotional and moving ceremony and a priveledge to meet Dave Sopha :clapping:

Edited by JeffBornFishin

Nice pics of your Canadian Air Force in training...

It's because of these young men and women that both of our countries are celebrating a long weekend today...thx.gif

You got that right Bob and our mission in Afghanistan is now over and thankfully our troops are coming home, starting this week.

Sadly though, 157 aren't.