? for the chromie trollers

vinnimon

While Im trolling at a certain depth, is see a bait ball and fish on the finder and I adjust the riggers to it... Fine, I make a few passes and nothing to show for, then I decide to pull a line well after the bait ball and within 3 to 4 ft of the rigger raising I have a shacker on. blink.gif Im not complaining by any means at all, it happened last week, yesterday and today.thumbsup_anim.gif

Can the reason be that these chromies have been chasing it for a while and the sudden rise intrigued them? Or they saw a bait fish in distress and needed help?tongue.gif

Thanks in advance for your input.

I will be making a post on day 4whistling.gif

There will something interesting in a pic from day 2 in it and ive only seen perch do this plenty of times. Never a chromie first handwhistling.gif Till Then, Thanks.

Vbiggrin.gif

CHANGE IN SPEED OR DEPTH CAN ALWAYS TRIGGER A STRIKE. BUT IF HE DIDNT SET THE ROD OFF IM GONNA GO WITH YA BEEN DRAGGIN HIM FOR A BIT LOL

The first one today was dragged around, Then second one even smaller and tripped the lineblink.gif as soon as I hit the switch to the bikini department it was game onsmile.gif My speed was consistant all day.

WASJUST SAYIN THAT CHANGE IN SPEED OR DEPTH CAN TRIGGER THE STRIKE. SOME WILL FALLOW IT FOR AWHILE AND WHEN U RAISE OR LOWER BALL OR ESPECIALLY ON TURNS IT WILL TRIGGER THEM. GOOD TO HEAR YA OUT INTO THEM

Perhaps I just got lucky 3 times tongue.gif Keep in mind they were shacker dinks in a huge bait ball.

And yes adjustments to hieght and speed will/can make a difference for sure. thumbsup_anim.gif

Yes definitely change in speeds or direction will sometimes cause a strike. If I can mark fish and they won't hit I sometimes pull the lure out of the release after marking fish near the ball. The lure picks up speeds and starts to rise. This has worked in triggering some strikes but I only use this when it's a tough bite.

What releases do you use. I run offshore and cannon's but modify the lenth of the lead to around 16-20" between clip and release. The added length lets me see any small pulls when shakers hit and stay on. You can tell immediately when you have a shaker on.

It's been shaker fest out off Bronte and the other day I only had 2 fish pull the release. All the rest were visual hits on the rod.

Yes definitely change in speeds or direction will sometimes cause a strike. If I can mark fish and they won't hit I sometimes pull the lure out of the release after marking fish near the ball. The lure picks up speeds and starts to rise. This has worked in triggering some strikes but I only use this when it's a tough bite.

What releases do you use. I run offshore and cannon's but modify the lenth of the lead to around 16-20" between clip and release. The added length lets me see any small pulls when shakers hit and stay on. You can tell immediately when you have a shaker on.

It's been shaker fest out off Bronte and the other day I only had 2 fish pull the release. All the rest were visual hits on the rod.

Your right, it has been a shacker fest out there, even at the surface. Fun to watch and a nice show indeed.whistling.gif