Misfish and Bettyboops longweekend

misfish

I have to tell ya,this getting away on weekends sure is great for the soul. 3 weeks ago it was lakair,weekend after was up to pops and this weekend it was another escape to mudder and pops again.Our longweekend started wednesday after work :thumbsup_anim: ,yep,I dont do the traffic thing. This weekend was about helping pop with some concrete sidewalk removal,r&r and fishing.

Spent the morning til noon removing the walk and boy was it getting hot.Time for a cold one and a dip,,,,,,,,,Ya the pool was open,but it was like a polar bear dip at first,but once I got use to it,it was a great cool down. No on else would venture in. :dunno: .

canada2011010.jpg

Then it was time for that r&r. :whistling:

canada2011017.jpg

canada2011018.jpg

After a very nice dinner,it was time for more r&r. This is getting out of hand,,,,,,,,NOT

canada2011026.jpg

A late game of euchor,it was night night. :blink:

Up in the AM and it was time to load up the boat,wipe all the dew off and head to the lake.

My new boat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ok my pops new boat. :wallbash:

Another Lund to give me those nightmares in my sleep.

They do look like they belong together. :clapping:

canada2011005.jpg

IT,S FISHING TIME

Beauty of a morning.

canada2011043.jpg

The catching was second,time out with pop and Betty was the key for the day.

canada2011042.jpg

canada2011033.jpg

canada2011032.jpg

canada2011037.jpg

I was mostly jerk and slash baits and spinnerbaits. The action was very slow,so Betty took the time to take some pics of the local wild life from the boat.

canada2011031.jpg

canada2011030.jpg

Kingfisher I believe.

canada2011041.jpg

Was time to try another spot. I was mentioning to pop how the smallies are not bite,n.No sooner say that,wham,smallie on. All I could hear was,get that in,thats going to be breakfast. Those that know me,you want to keep a bass pop,catch yer own.LOL

Oh did I tell ya,we forgot the net. Betty wasnt impressed after her weekend encounter with J. :w00t:

So I get the fish to the boat,reach down and wouldnt ya know it,it got off. :dunno::devil::rofl2:

A couple more casts and wham another hit.A hammer handle. They sure beat the crap out of the spinner baits.

canada2011034.jpg

canada2011035.jpg

After 5 hours in the sun,it was time to head off.

The rest of the day was spent just hang,n out and chill,n.

Betty played with the camera. So heres some I thought worth posting. Yea,my cam and she does better then me with it.LOL

canada2011024.jpg

canada2011045.jpg

canada2011025.jpg

Whats in store for next weekend,only time will tell.

HAPPY CANADA DAY WEEKEND OFC

Really glad you are getting some time to get away for that R&R B!!!

You've got visions of Lund's dancing in your head now :D

Glad Betty didn't have to take anyone on a hospital trip since you forgot the net :lol:

Looks like your parent's have a great yard there B.

Did you fish Doe?

It was a good call sorta,as Betty got to see lots of wild life. She tried to take pics of a hawk with a fish in it,s claws,but missed it. Was very cool to see. Were back up in two weeks with the grankiddies/greatgrankiddies to them.

Nice report......

LOVE to look at pictures and I LOVE THE RED LUNDS....don't know why they started to make them in different colors....always thought that was their trade mark.

BTW you're MUCH better looking then I thought..... :D

Bob

Great photo journal Brian.

The weather looked perfect!

During the first night camp fire Bernie,I was telling pop about you and your garage. How far are you from Katrine?

BTW you're MUCH better looking then I thought

Is that you talking or the mrs,s. :rofl2:

Keep it going all summer.

Nothing better than sharing fun times with the family Brian

Truth be told here and not sure I should,working 6 months 24/7 ,and the only tec and maintenance guy in the new plant,I was getting burned out and really feeling like I was about to have a heart attack.(lots of pressure,but I love my job) All my love ones told me I was looking like crap.So I told work to get me help, cause it was time for me to be my old self.Im no good if Im gone right. :good:

The last three weeks have got me there,just ask Betty. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Misfish