Leafs fans wait till the 4th!

cjgraham

Well with the first day of free agency Burke was no where to be seen. I thought Burkie said he was gonna be active early with all this right out of the gate talk. Then it donned on me. He doesn't celebrate till July 4th. Us Leafs fans will have to wait a few more days till Burke will have a few more americans signed to celebrate their 235th year of independence. Go Leafs Go.

Burke is in Afghanistan not Canada. He'll be signing american college players you've never heard of when he gets back.

Yup. Kobe Bryant is trying to get Brad Richards to sign in LA. Iginla is trying to get him to sign in Calgary. Burke is in Afghanistan. Nice gesture but what in the hell?

I dont see why everyone has their panties in a bunch over Richards...

He is 31 and wants a 10 year deal. 25 mill for the first 2 years then spread out from there. He also has had some concussion problems..

Then there is Stamkos...21 years old top 3 in the world. in 10 years he is still only 31. The only down side to Stamkos is he is UFA..That means he will cost us 4 first round picks right off the top. Mind you he has no concussion issues..If he is as good as he has been then our pics will be 15th or higher..Should be interesting to see what Burkie does..Yes Burke was in Kandahar with our (Canadian) troops :thumbsup_anim: . He sent Fletch and Noonis to meet with Richards. I do hear there is an offer sheet out to Stamkos. I just love this time of the year....GO LEAFS GO!!!

As above, Richards scares me for the term he wants given his health and the up and down years he has had. He will most likely help any team that he joins, but they may find themselves saddled with a contract that really hinders them down the road.

Connelly has had a headache for 12 years. He will play no more than 50 games. He can't take the ice time that a first liner needs to play. He is a sitting duck. I hope Burke throws out a 10 for 10 to Stamkos just to watch Yzerman squirm. Lol. But he won't.

Burke doesn't like to step on toes and make offers to RFA's. Does no one remember how pissed he got when kevin lowe snuck in and scooped up dustin penner from anaheim?

I'd love to see stamkos in a leafs jersey, but its a huge price to pay for a one way player. Not only the money he will command but the higher the price, the more picks the leafs give tampa in compensation.

Richards only missed like 10 games with a concussion if I'm correct? Connolly has had injury issues too, but he's a solid playmaker that could be a big point producer with the leafs.

Richards could flop in the big apple, and I kinda see him having a poor season.

...that may the biggest "if" I've ever seen. Has he even played anything close to a full season the last 10 years?

He's played over 60 games in 7 of the last 11 seasons and four full seasons. Definitly injury prone, but he's not too far gone yet.

I'd love to see stamkos in a leafs jersey, but its a huge price to pay for a one way player

If Stamkos was a real/true player,he would play for his home team.Then again,it,s all about the money,not about the true love of the sport/game . Crazy dollars for players over years. Jager hit the jackpot again. :(

I stand corrected. When I think Connelly I think of skilled player that averages 50 games a year...although maybe I'm not too far off. What did he play in those other 4 seasons, may bring his average down close to 50

Out of 820 potential games (10 seasons) he's played 627 with 395pts. His first four years were his healthiest.. Not a good trend, 68 games/42pts last season... He needs to have a better season to be worth over 4.5 mill.

He doesn't have the best playoff stats, but neither do the leafs. Hehe.

he has missed 271 out of a total 574 NHL games

pulled this quote from a different article. Misses nearly half the games based on the last 7 seasons. He is a "50 games a season guy" apparently. If he's played a lot the last few years I hope he can keep it up. A healthy Connolly can certainly help the Leafs, I'm just not convinced there is such a thing as a healthy Tim Connolly

If Stamkos was a real/true player,he would play for his home team.Then again,it,s all about the money,not about the true love of the sport/game . Crazy dollars for players over years. Jager hit the jackpot again. :(

Something to note Brian. I am sure Steven Stamkos has built a rapport and friendship with Steve Yzerman. It would be about the money if he left quite frankly. Now if he did leave for ridiculous money, I am sure the Markham boy would love to play for the Leafs. Yzerman would get 4 first rounders that maybe 2 make it and it's a coin flip on how good they become. That's why it is not going to happen. Burke won't offer and Yzerman would never let Stamkos go. The only reason I stated I would like to see Burke offer 10 for 10 is to watch Yzerman squirm then match it then sell off his defense. Lol.

did some more reading - the biggest concern I would have is the concussions - apparently this hasn't been an issue the past few years.Its been all kinds of other fluky type things. Thats good news for the Leafs, hopefully he won't be snake bitten the next two seasons!

pulled this quote from a different article. Misses nearly half the games based on the last 7 seasons. He is a "50 games a season guy" apparently. If he's played a lot the last few years I hope he can keep it up. A healthy Connolly can certainly help the Leafs, I'm just not convinced there is such a thing as a healthy Tim Connolly

well sure... if you manipulate the stats.

He's played ten seasons and averages 62 games/season... sidney crosby is at 68 games/season (two completely different players of course). This is from NHL.com stats. Hopefully he gets 70+ games this year, he could be Kessels assist man.

...although if you want to get really recent (last 2 seasons) he's averaged 70 games a season! Gotta love stats, you can use them to prove whatever point you want (thats the one thing I took away from University)

That's puts him in the 70th percentile laugh.gif

The Avs paid a fortune for Valamov and signed Giguere. Now there is an injury prone tandem.blink.gif