New Brunswick Report

Stern Rules

We got down to the wharf Monday. My friend landed a nice smallie off a worm spinner with a night crawler. Not in season 'til the first so let it go. I got one off a slip float going for perch or whatever on 4 lb line and it snapped. He said it looked bigger than his so about 2 lbs maybe. Slowed down 'til about 7pm then the perch started hitting like crazy. Mostly small but I got a decent size one. Got a couple white perch and lots of bullheads but no pickerel. I got a nice eel and kept the 2 biggest. No one down here cares for 'em. I tried using some vanilla extract that I hear works and I caught fish with it. Just poured some on a worm and let sit on bottom. I think I got perch and bullheads with that. Then I was heading out of town Wednesday to get at some brookies when I got in an accident. A woman pulled out of a driveway of an old store and she was well enough down the road that she should have gotten out on the road. She really wasn't moving too fast and as I got closer I realized she wasn't going to get out so I started slowing down and she still wasn't getting out so started to swerve out around her but instead of stopping then she kept moving and stopped right in the middle of the road blocking the whole road. The I slammed on the brakes but couldn't stop. Hit broad side. I got the worst damage and the car is a write-off. Before the RCMP came by the house the next day, the insurance guy called and said I wasn't at fault and she took full responsibility. The officer said he's going to give her a ticket for failing to yield right of way. Little concillation. Now we're trying to figure out how to get me back to Brantford. My insurance said they deal with Enterprise 'cuz they get discounts but they want $1 per km for the drop-off fee. Well that alone is $1600 so he said that's out of the question. Of course they don't want to pay that. He said they pay up to $900 for a rental so we're trying to get something. He said might have to fly back and pay to ship my stuff back. If I want to have a rental while I'm here, might have to do that. I don't like the idea of mailing my rods and tackle back but might have to. Only here 4 days when this happened. I had my seatbelt on but I still hit the steering wheel and the air bag didn't deploy. I got my brother to come and clear my car out before it got towed and the officer said I keep holding my chest so I better go to the hospital. I got x-rays and the doctor said it looked fine but it hurts like hell. Getting off the couch hurts, sleeping, moving around period hurts. This is a nightmare. I included pics of the cars. Mine is the red one. Can't understand how I got the most damage. Having no car sucks.

P6270929.jpg

P6270940.jpg

P6270942.jpg

P6270948.jpg

P6270946.jpg

P6270943.jpg

P6270945.jpg

P6300962.jpg

P6300963.jpg

P6300968.jpg

P6300969.jpg

P6300979.jpg

P6300978.jpg

P6300971.jpg

P6300970.jpg

I sorry to hear that you had accident, looking at the car, it did its' job. Regarding the rental, I would suggest that the insurance has to pony up for a rental regardless of the distance from home you are. They insured you all the way there so they should insure you all the way back as well.