Shad Fly Hatch Nippising

Scott S

Hey you North Bay Guys could you tell me if the shad fly hatch is on and if so , did it just start or has it been going for a while. Heading up to Callander tomorrow for a week and want to know how tough it will be. Need to get my stratagy planned :dunno:

Thanks Scooter

It's on, maybe not in full swing yet but close, I was out last night and the smallmouth were really keyed on shad flies, i saw fish rising all over the place and after trying a bunch of different things i managed one hit, shoulda brought the fly rod.

Guest gbfisher

It's on, maybe not in full swing yet but close, I was out last night and the smallmouth were really keyed on shad flies, i saw fish rising all over the place and after trying a bunch of different things i managed one hit, shoulda brought the fly rod.

don't let the fly hatch deter you any.Against popular belief, it is one of the best times to slay pickerel... :good:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

don't let the fly hatch deter you any.Against popular belief, it is one of the best times to slay pickerel... :good:

i can't speak for pickerel, but i would agree in principal for bass.

my best bass fishing of the year is done with small grubs during mayfly hatches.