A bow from the Saugeen

BillM

Went on a drift earlier this week with Graham Bristow in search for some brownies. Unfortunately I think we were a little to late in the season for browns (although we had a few swipes) but the resident bows were willingly taking dries.. I decided to strap on the 10-22mm for pretty much the entire day. Not really a portrait lens, but I think it turned out pretty good. Only editing that was done was highpass overlay to clean things up a bit. Other then that it's untouched.

5881044070_4fb421033e_b.jpg

Saugeen River Resident by billmarz, on Flickr

Edited by BillM

With the warm weather settling in Bill you could consider a night drift. biggrin.gif

Yup, but the water temps are getting up there. I'd hate to land a monster only to have it floating belly up a few mins later. I think I'll put the trout on the back burner for this season until the fall. I've got lots of bass/pike pics to take :)

Yup, but the water temps are getting up there. I'd hate to land a monster only to have it floating belly up a few mins later. I think I'll put the trout on the back burner for this season until the fall. I've got lots of bass/pike pics to take :)

The stretches I used to fish in my youth Bill were pretty good through the summer and of course Browns are fairly tolerable in comparison to Bows and Brookies. But I suspect the stretch you're floating is further down stream from my old haunts and leaving them be till the waters cool is a wise and considerate choice. thumbsup_anim.gif