Sign in to follow this  
BillM

A bow from the Saugeen

Went on a drift earlier this week with Graham Bristow in search for some brownies. Unfortunately I think we were a little to late in the season for browns (although we had a few swipes) but the resident bows were willingly taking dries.. I decided to strap on the 10-22mm for pretty much the entire day. Not really a portrait lens, but I think it turned out pretty good. Only editing that was done was highpass overlay to clean things up a bit. Other then that it's untouched.

5881044070_4fb421033e_b.jpg

Saugeen River Resident by billmarz, on Flickr

Edited by BillM

Too bad about the Browns Bill but you have to be happy with that Bow, nice fish and nice picture. thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks Chris, nothing you can do about the browns, just a return trip next year for a rematch! :)

Too bad about the Browns Bill but you have to be happy with that Bow, nice fish and nice picture. thumbsup_anim.gif

With the warm weather settling in Bill you could consider a night drift. biggrin.gif

With the warm weather settling in Bill you could consider a night drift. biggrin.gif

Yup, but the water temps are getting up there. I'd hate to land a monster only to have it floating belly up a few mins later. I think I'll put the trout on the back burner for this season until the fall. I've got lots of bass/pike pics to take :)

Yup, but the water temps are getting up there. I'd hate to land a monster only to have it floating belly up a few mins later. I think I'll put the trout on the back burner for this season until the fall. I've got lots of bass/pike pics to take :)

The stretches I used to fish in my youth Bill were pretty good through the summer and of course Browns are fairly tolerable in comparison to Bows and Brookies. But I suspect the stretch you're floating is further down stream from my old haunts and leaving them be till the waters cool is a wise and considerate choice. thumbsup_anim.gif

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this