Best Marine Battery?

Bigworm

Hi,

Looking to replace two of my old batteries. They are the Nautilus from CTC. Not real impressed with theses as I have had several in the past with the same results. Any suggestions on a different make/model for a reasonable $?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

do be honest

I believe the charger and maintaining water level in the batteries, is far more important then the make of the batteries

I went through batteries like crazy

got 2 new interstate and a really good onboard charger

they lasted 7 years

I now have cheaper Nautilus from CTC and the really good onboard charger and they are still going after 5 years...so do the math

I check water levels twice a year and top up with distilled water

I just replaced mine last week. It was a nautilus too. It lasted over 4 years.

I picked one up from total battery for $110, when same the one at crappytire was $140.

Only used it once, so I really can't tell you if it's good or not.

Edit: to add a bit to Terry's post. It's also good to make sure your battery is mounted properly in your boat. If the battery is bouncing around, and banging off of things in your boat, it will reduce the lift as well.

Edited by N.A.W

If you have a Costco membership (or know anyone that does), their house brand (I think it is Kirkland) are pretty good batteries. I have had good success with them. Costco also carries the Optima.

I paid 79 bucks for one with no exchange last year group 24 700 cranking amps.If you look on kijiji in the rv parts section a guy in toronto is selling a pile of them for 50 bucks apiece he was going to use for a solar project.might be worth a look or call.