Northern Woods Lodge

blizzcat

Howdy fishermen/ladies

I wanted to make a post to tell you about my fiance's and my trip to Northern Woods Lodge last week. It was quite a drive up but it was worth it! Northern Woods Lodge is North of Lake Superior and off Long Lake, and is a great place to get lost in the beauty of Northern Ontario. The views were amazing!

The owners Lorna and Terry were great, everything was clean, taken care of, well maintained, and Terry was able to point us in the direction of some good creeks and little ponds/lakes while we searched for Brookies, and when we weren't boating around Long Lake.

Mother Nature was not cooperating very well.. it was quite chilly and the water was high because of the spring (or lack of) that we've had this year. We went up expecting to catch a ton of average fish, instead we caught a few monsters! Well worth the trade in this instance. I can't even imagine what it would be like if the weather had been nice this year.

Here are a few pictures :)

-I'll add a couple more in a second post because I'm over the limit...

Pictures:

-Biggest Pike we've ever caught (caught on a fly rod) - we actually caught a few more relatively close in size but not as impressive as this guy!

-Biggest Brook Trout we've ever caught :D (and I caught it! muahaha...)

-Josh fighting the Lake Trout

-The only/biggest Lake Trout we've ever caught

-A view from one part of the lake

It was not the fishing experience we expected but it was just as great :) - next time we go North I'll make sure it's a bit warmer outside.. haha

day3-fishoftheday.jpg

day5bigbrookie.jpg

Thanks for the replies! I know it doesn't appear too cold, especially considering Josh goes out in winter with shorts on. haha but at one point I had three shirts and two sweaters on and was still chilly! When the sun popped out it was perfect weather, if it was rainy and windy it got pretty cold on the lake.

I had gotten only pike and brookies, but Josh caught 5 species of fish! He caught Walleye, Pike, Brook Trout, White Fish, and Lake Trout! (He also caught some sucker fish but we don't count those lol :rolleyes: )

Edited by Lyra

• 7 years later...
13 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

OFC can be a great marketing tool. 9 year old thread resurrected by a 6 time poster. Man I can be pessimistic at times. If  this is a real deal question allow me to take my foot out of my mouth. Should I select "Submit Reply?" Yep. 

?????? Here's the deal. I'm only able to fish Ontario every other year. That makes me be very thorough with my research. That camp has been on my radar for a few years but I find very little feedback about the place. Just trying to learn more. Have I broken some unwritten rule Ironmaker?

17 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

OFC can be a great marketing tool. 9 year old thread resurrected by a 6 time poster. Man I can be pessimistic at times. If  this is a real deal question allow me to take my foot out of my mouth. Should I select "Submit Reply?" Yep. 

Time to take the foot out of your mouth.  Search engines, how do they work?

8 hours ago, Zenfish said:

?????? Here's the deal. I'm only able to fish Ontario every other year. That makes me be very thorough with my research. That camp has been on my radar for a few years but I find very little feedback about the place. Just trying to learn more. Have I broken some unwritten rule Ironmaker?

I don't make the rules Zen, I'm the one usually breaking them. Pop, that's the sound of my foot coming out of my mouth. I hope you find more info about this lodge and enjoy whatever trip you do make. 

• Haha 1