Lakair GTG and my PB musky

Rich Clemens

Basically just casting the cabbage beds as we came across them. This area seems to have a lot of scattered cabbage beds and a nice little wind enabled us to just drift over the area and cast around them and then into them.

Last year, in September while at Wolseley bay, I guy we met from Ohio nailed 6 musky in a single week. His lure of choice - Double Cow Girl, black with gold blades. I already had a couple, but with silver blades. Needless to say, I had a couple made with gold blades. This was my go-to lure for most of the trip and casted it more times than other lures. Wore my arm out pretty quick as I'm not used to casting those things. That's the one she hit.

We tried trolling, but all we picked up were a few pike.

I felt the hit and once I started moving her in, I realized she was a nice sized fish and it really didn't take her long to get to the boat. But, once we got her close, she really started to put of a fight, even coming out of the water. Finally got her netted and after I got my tools laid out, looked in the net, and there lies the lure - free and clean. Removed the lure from the net and lifted her out. Was great to see her take off so fast, just as I placed her in the water.

We predominately hit the cabbage beds where we found them. We also tried a few reed beds, but they just weren't developed like they have been in past years.

Great stuff Rich!

Rich, awesome fish! As others have said, you deserve it! Love casting into the cabbage up there. Curious, were you fishing the same area we were 2 years ago? Would have loved to see you land that :clapping:

Rich, awesome fish! As others have said, you deserve it! Love casting into the cabbage up there. Curious, were you fishing the same area we were 2 years ago? Would have loved to see you land that :clapping:

Yup - same area where I heard someone else latched into a 50. :angel: Didn't see here this time.