Question about older motor age

Tootsie II

Just purchased a reconditioned older small horsepower Johnson outboard for a kicker. Runs good in my tank! Vendor did not know its age and I wouldn't mind having a ballpark figure on it. It's an older Johnson Sea-Horse with the olive green shaft, white prop and white top cowling. The starting rope handle is on the right side of the front face of the cowling. There is a bottom red/orange colour band and top black band along both sides of the cowling. Could any of you more mature members out there possibly give a time period when Johnson was using this colour scheme. Thanks.

Edited by Tootsie II

Just purchased a reconditioned older small horsepower Johnson outboard for a kicker. Runs good in my tank! Vendor did not know its age and I wouldn't mind having a ballpark figure on it. It's an older Johnson Sea-Horse with the olive green shaft, white prop and white top cowling. The starting rope handle is on the right side of the front face of the cowling. There is a bottom red/orange colour band and top black band along both sides of the cowling. Could any of you more mature members out there possibly give a time period when Johnson was using this colour scheme. Thanks.

look for the serial number and run it on line

Forget the serial # it's the model # you need.

It should be on the plate attached to the bracket that clamps to the transom(serial # also on this plate).

It should be something like this(CDL-25 or 9RL-70).

Post it here & you should get your answer.

Rick