Live Target Lure opinions

If you do decide to pick some up, believe it or not, the cheapest place I have seen them for sale in the GTA is at Canadian Tire for $11.99. Although, Le Baron carries the full line now, but I forget what they were charging.

lets see...live target lures:

* paint chips/flakes off

* eyes fall off

* do not run true at slow speeds (less than 2mph)

* cheap hooks and split rings (just try using one for salmon - you'll see)

* their topwater frogs - just try and determine what brand of hooks they are using.

great stuff for $14+ dollars a pop.

Same comment I've made on this topic a number of times. If you're not using the golden shiner through the ice, you're not catching as many walleye as you could, the pitch of the rattle really makes it unique, though the Lindy Darter has the loudest rattles I've used yet.

Nothing but great experiences with Live Targets, really like the deep diving smelt patterns for 'eyes.

I got the perch one a few weeks ago, they look awesome but I have not got a single fish, I always go back to my tried and true Xraps. I fish they had better action.

I also picked up the frog this bait is awesome and I have had a few misses on this bait.

A 2 pound largemouth destroyed the hooks on one of my perch baits. A 3 pound largemouth destroyed the hooks on the other. Pretty sad. You know, with their hard mouths and pointy teeth.

Nice looking baits. I have not experienced the paint flake. I HAVE experienced the spam. Some of the more aggressive spam since the slammer spam. That is saying something too, not much can live up to that.

This message has been brought to you by Captain Cotton Briefs - ride the comfort. Axeman toenail clippers - your not cutting toenails until your axing them man.

If you want any of these products just message me. Not because I want to make a buck or kiss the pro's arses, but because I want to help you. Because that's what it is all about.

I have ahd issues with them not being tuned out of the package, no biggie but if your paying a premium price you shouldnt have to do this. There pretty good, picked up the bluegill wakebait....the colours on it are horrid so its going to go under the air brush for some modifications.

just picked up the Live Taget Sun Fish, swims down 5' to 6'.

Looks AWESOME! I think most lure manufacturers market to fisherman, not fish, guess well see this weekend. I've never used a sunfish patterend bait so really curious as to how it performs.

just picked up the Live Taget Sun Fish, swims down 5' to 6'.

Looks AWESOME! I think most lure manufacturers market to fisherman, not fish, guess well see this weekend. I've never used a sunfish patterend bait so really curious as to how it performs.

LOL wait a minute...how does one market to a fish?? you know what i mean! :thumbsup_anim:

I tried the new Live Target Frog on the opener for Bass, and I did get 4 strikes. 1 fish took it under water. I set the hook hard with a 7'6" Heavy action PT Tour with 65 pound braid and the fish only got halfway to the boat. The action ontop of the water was not as good as i was used to seeing compared to other frogs. It also sits almost vertical in the water, and makes it look kinda weird when you stop it. I used a walk the dog technique, a slow retrieze and a jerk bait type movement. I found the jerkbait movement provided the best action and is te only movement that got hits.

I will be leaving te live target in the tackle box next tournament.

Hey OFNERS

I am looking at the live target lures and thinking they would be a nice addition my arsenal of lures

I would love to hear your input regarding the lures and if they are worth the buck

Thanks