Lakair 2011 from my lense..

irishfield

The way our schedule is we didn't think we'd be going anywhere this season. Last minute, with a gap between Jen's chemo and surgery and waiting for a date for same, come Tuesday we knew surgery definitely wasn't going to be during the current week. I contacted Leslie at Lakair Lodge and with a bit of juggling and two days notice she squeezed us into a cabin. We thought of going up to our camp... but it was work on one hand or laughter on the other. We packed the truck, hooked up the boat and motored!

TJ... never changes!

lair11a.jpg

Says it all..

lair11b.jpg

TJ, Joey and Paul.

lair11c.jpg

Misfish telling a tale... not sure where he shops!

lair11d.jpg

I think they wanted to be blood brothers... seeing how sharp and shaving. Oh to be 13 again!! sarcasm.gif

lair11e.jpg

Travis, Patsy and Barbara

lair11f.jpg

Roy and Barb having a good time.

lair11g.jpg

Decided to rain a little bit on Friday afternoon!!

lair11h.jpg

I'm Canadian... I can still BBQ! Too bad I'm not smart enough to put up the driver window in my new truck! wallbash.gif

lair11i.jpg

I'm not gonna tell you again... it's a friggin ENGINE... it's not a motor!! biggrin.gif

lair11j.jpg

Rich, John and Barbara

lair11k.jpg

Brian suddenly became the Captain of Joey and Pauls Pro-V. Here 5 guys and 2 women tell him how to operate it!! good.gif

lair11ze.jpg

Waiting for blast off to start the tourney. Had a BIT of pollen drop over the few days! ohmy.gif

lair11zf.jpg

lair11zg.jpg

Carole and Sydney showed up LATE Friday night and I had the pleasure of taking them out on our boat for the Pike Tourney on Saturday from Noon 'till 3pm.

lair11l.jpg

Carole caught two pike, for second place behind Chrisk that had three to beat her. Carole still had longest fish of the day!

lair11zh.jpg

Sydney caught her very first pike, which was good for 8th I believe in the tourney!

lair11zi.jpg

Keeping a good eye on the catch of the day!

lair11m.jpg

Back just in time for 3pm "measure in".

lair11o.jpg

Thanks John and Pikeguy for cleaning supper!!

lair11p.jpg

lair11q.jpg

Patiently waiting for prizes!

lair11r.jpg

Mom... can I take the nice looking bottle?? ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

lair11t.jpg

Newt, Art, Jewelbee, Moosy and Jer

lair11u.jpg

Sydney picking the raffle ticket for a Spiel Special... believe Jer won it !!

lair11v.jpg

Chrisk with the Crayola Invitational Trophy.

lair11w.jpg

In between the awards and dinner, I spotted this guy from our cabin deck and Leah took Sydney out to check it out.

lair11zj.jpg

Batter Babes... Debbie, Sam, Patsy, Barbara and ChrisK !

lair11x.jpg

TJ's secret batter coming out of the pot!

lair11y.jpg

Jer and his wife and dog Moosy. Sorry Jer, never did get her name.. huh.gif

lair11z.jpg

Sunday I washed my skunk off a few times...

lair11za.jpg

lair11zm.jpg

..as did Leah.

lair11zb.jpg

And Roy... I've never given up on those wonderful baits that you made, and that you gave me, back in 2007 or 2008.

lair11zk.jpg

Another wonderful night of laughter starting up...

lair11zc.jpg

Dianne (Lew's wife), Barbara (John's wife) and Leah (yep.. believe it or not my wife!)

lair11zd.jpg

Monday we packed up the cabin and then went out fishing for about 4 hours. East wind brings out the beast and it did, unfortunately I didn't put it in the boat. Had a 45 to 48 muskie follow to the boat and for a full revolution on an oval before taking off. It was attracted to one of Mike Parker's beautifully made "christmas tinsel" spinners. This stupid little guy fell for a bait his same length. Makes ya wonder what they're thinking...

lair11zl.jpg

We've gotta go where... HOME... you're kiddin me... wallbash.gif

lair11zn.jpg

Thanks for the laughs folks... we truly needed them!

Great pics and commentary. Glad you and Leah were able to have a bit of a change in pace for a while, Wayne.

And wow, my baits look nothing like that now. Thanks for taking the time.

Nice pics, Wayne. You certainly got into a few more fish than me.

We only realized on the way home that we hadn't taken any pictures at all. :wallbash:

...and it was Sandra, by the way...and don't be marrying us off so soon, nuptuals are planned for late summer/early fall 2012.

Bravo Wayne! :clapping: That made my morning right there. So great to see you and Leah get some much needed time away with friends and fish. You made the right choice obviously, the gathering looked to be a blast, and the pics portrayed that perfectly. Best wishes too, bud!