Life Jacket Recommendations

adempsey

I don't own a boat, rent often. Many places have pretty horrible life jackets and I have been contemplating picking up my own for a while now. I am one of those types that doesn't really wear his life jacket mostly due to the fit and comfort. I want to change this so I wear my life jacket as much as possible. I don't really want to drop the coin for an inflatable one just yet (although, I do own a small waist pouch manual inflatable) so was looking at my options.

Of course, I have to go try some on (and I have, but it was a while back), but was looking into the Mustang Deluxe Fisherman's Vest and the standard Nylon Water Sports Vest (the price difference is about $40 between these two) - trying to take advantage of the LeBaron sale on these (15% off).

Anyone have any recommendations or had any problems with the Mustang vests?

Thanks for any help.

Your best bet is to go try them on for fit and comfort. Assuming they are all approved vests, they'll all do what they're supposed to do so it becomes a question of comfort/price.

Your best bet is to go try them on for fit and comfort. Assuming they are all approved vests, they'll all do what they're supposed to do so it becomes a question of comfort/price.

yeah, find one you like and will wear, if it's comfortable. that's what you want