Hey Guys--Seafoam Question

bushart

I've been singing the ethanol blues since last fall and this spring and my wallet is a lot emptier

I've heard lots of good things about the Seafoam

Can Tire sell 3 things

Deep Creep

Cleaner and Lube

Motor Treatment

Which one do I need---I'm thinking it's the motor treatment--to dump in gas---is this right??

I've been singing the ethanol blues since last fall and this spring and my wallet is a lot emptier

I've heard lots of good things about the Seafoam

Can Tire sell 3 things

Deep Creep

Cleaner and Lube

Motor Treatment

Which one do I need---I'm thinking it's the motor treatment--to dump in gas---is this right??

You need Motor treatment, just add it to your gas tank.

I use the Stabil Marine Formula for the boat and I add a bit to the snowblower and lawnmower when they go away for the season. I use Seafoam as a cleaner for the carb and upper cylinders. A lot of the 'gurus' on iboats.com don't recommend Seafoam as a fuel stabilizer, as a cleaner yes but not for long term storage of fuel.

I parked my F150 about 3 months ago because it needed some major repairs that I just couldn't afford at the time. Last week I took it in and had the repairs done but the motor was running really ruff (spitting and coughing upon acceleration). My tank was nearly empty so I put 20 bucks of gas in it and dumped a full can of Seafoam in the tank as well. After a couple of days of short trips to the store and around town, she is running good again and the problem seems to have gone away. I'm going to add another 20 bucks and another can of Seafoam just to make sure everything is cleaned up. I'm thinking dirty injectors from sitting and not being used. I thought it would smoke because of the amount of Seafoam I used to the small amount of fuel but not a puff. Gotta love that stuff.

If you can get Shell V-power in your area, I'd recommend using it. Its the only fuel out there now with zero ethanol. i get about 100km/tank better mileage with it too......in my car that is. My boat gas doesn't last long enough to worry about it, but that is my first choice if I can get it!

S.

Its much cheaper to buy the premium fuel when you add in repairs and maintenance. Really, its only a buck or two per tank extra. You will spend that on stabilizer and seafoam in the long run with regular fuel anyways.

S.

On a tank of gas for a car, you are looking at 5-7 bucks extra for a tank of fuel. It adds up. For the most part, if you are going to store your car/truck/anything with a motor, drop some stabilizer in the fuel and run it for a few minutes before you shut it down.

The deep creep and the motor treatment are the same product, just deep creep is in an aerosol can.

I get the deep creep and spray it in the carb when she's idling, till she stalls. Let it sit in there for a while then fire it up, smoke everywhere as the carbon burns off. This is called decarboning your combustion chambers and should be done regularly (especially if you troll with a 2 stroke)

You can also decarbon as others mentioned by dumping the seafoam into your gas, this would possibly be an easy way to clean out your carb jets as well (but not as good as a carb rebuild) Some run a strong concentration in a small gas tank for extra cleaning (may smoke)

For ethanol, the best is to buy shell V power only and never have to worry. Doesn't attract water and has twice the storage life. Another benifit is it has more detergents and will keep your motor clean. If you are burning the gas up quick yes you can get away with regular but don't have it in that tank for multiple trips or long periods of time.

I like using synthetic oil too, it will protect you in an overheat condition. I actually overheated a motor once to the point of warping the head, and since I was running amsoil she survived (except the head) Compression test revealed the compression of a brand new motor. (after fixing head)

If you start with a properly tuned motor and are religious with the fuel diet of your motor it makes all the difference in the world. These things are the difference between being stranded, having constant aggravation, and having a reliable motor that lasts 20 or 30 years.

I can't believe it when I see people cheap out on gas and maintenance.

Edited by Dr. Hook