Hey, what does your screen name mean?

Rod Caster

The 1st year I fished tournaments I used a lot of Spinnerbaits & we did very well some 1st & 2nd place finishes, Big fish in a few Tournaments, I won the club Championship on them on Rice Lake that year too & I owned about 250 of them, it was a shock when I bought $300+ from Bassmagnets Tubes the 1st time Mike & Mary came to our Club, I still own 200+ Spinnerbaits, tyhey can & do put a lot of Big Bass in the Boat

SBK

Squid goes way back to an Ice fishing trip on lake Nippissing in Callander bay. I needed to relieve myself so went out of the hut and into the "heated" bathroom, warmest bathroom I have ever used while ice fishing. When I returned my buddies were all snickering and said that I had a fish on. Sure enough when I pulled the line in there was a squid at the end of the line, dead of course. I was like " nice try guys" and threw the squid on a plate and it began to leak ink so I tossed it out into the night. Next morning the hut owner comes by to collect the $$ for the weekend and my buddy is standing behind me telling the owner that I caught a fresh water squid!! The owner said no way it was probably a mud puppy!! I figure that at this point my buddy gave the owner several winks and the owner caught on. All of a sudden he says " well maybe it was!! there has not been on caught here in 100 yrs."!! I was like what the hell!! He asks me to show it to him. I grab the squid and sure enough the owner is praising the lord!! Jesus I can't believe it!! This is so rare!! We need a picture for the North Bay Nugget!! At this point I was totally confused. I have to say here that it is very difficult if not impossible to suck me into believing a prank like this. Anyways pictures were taken and one of the guys told me that there was a 500 dollar fin for keeping it so I tossed it down an ice fishing hole. I did no find out until the next day that it was all a joke.. :whistling::wallbash::asshat:

Edited by Squid

Squid goes way back to an Ice fishing trip on lake Nippissing in Callander bay. I needed to relieve myself so went out of the hut and into the "heated" bathroom, warmest bathroom I have ever used while ice fishing. When I returned my buddies were all snickering and said that I had a fish on. Sure enough when I pulled the line in there was a squid at the end of the line, dead of course. I was like " nice try guys" and threw the squid on a plate and it began to leak ink so I tossed it out into the night. Next morning the hut owner comes by to collect the $$ for the weekend and my buddy is standing behind me telling the owner that I caught a fresh water squid!! The owner said no way it was probably a mud puppy!! I figure that at this point my buddy gave the owner several winks and the owner caught on. All of a sudden he says " well maybe it was!! there has not been on caught here in 100 yrs."!! I was like what the hell!! He asks me to show it to him. I grab the squid and sure enough the owner is praising the lord!! Jesus I can't believe it!! This is so rare!! We need a picture for the North Bay Nugget!! At this point I was totally confused. I have to say here that it is very difficult if not impossible to suck me into believing a prank like this. Anyways pictures were taken and one of the guys told me that there was a 500 dollar fin for keeping it so I tossed it down an ice fishing hole. I did no find out until the next day that it was all a joke.. :whistling::wallbash::asshat:

That made me laugh. Good story!

Nipfisher: eventually I'll turn you into nipsmithnostemagottertomikoetcfisher

I've been asked on a few occasions if my handle has any dirty connotations. I assure you that it doesn't. Here's the rundown. It came time to chose my first ever email handle and I didn't want to be MyName6473. I had a wildlife field guide sitting on the desk beside me, so I decided to open it up and go with whatever animal I saw first (assuming that it wasn't a common popular animal that someone else might have already used - like unicorn). Anyhow, basket clam it was. The handle has stuck with me ever since for most of the online venues I subscribe to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corbiculidae

Mine is simple, short form in some sort as to my name. I never cared for hearing vinni being called out, but I grew into it on OFC. Now some limie on board decides to call me by my given name every so often, well!!! Just kidden limiegood.gif

The kicker was with this name, two people thought I was jamaicanrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

Threw them for a whirlymonrofl2.gif

Mine was Eh for years and then MrEh when we had one of our many changes and they made us use 4 letters. I started with Eh because I have been accused of being to Canadian which is a good thing and I am not the best with a memory so Eh was just long enough for me to remember. I made the Switch to Mike P. for some reason I don't know but it sure works.

ummm....because the one I wanted (TnT) was taken already on here, sooo.... it kinda describes what I do instead of an acronym for my business.

Using that logic, Chad, you should have chosen "two fister"! I've seen ya rod castin' and it shocks the heck outta me that you aren't literally tossing the whole shebang overboard (but ya do get the job done I gotta admit!)

Michael

ummm....because the one I wanted (TnT) was taken already on here, sooo.... it kinda describes what I do instead of an acronym for my business.

Using that logic, Chad, you should have chosen "two fister"! I've seen ya rod castin' and it shocks the heck outta me that you aren't literally tossing the whole shebang overboard (but ya do get the job done I gotta admit!)

Michael

haha two fister=instant ModQ

I've seen better prices, you should have been "moderately priced tackle"jerry.gif

Mine is a fishing lure that my cousin gave to me about 35yrs ago for my birthday.

It cought my first of many big bass and it is still my go to lure if conditions are rite.

the real name is waterdawg but I always called it saltydawg bacause I always put a salted Mr twister on it.(thanks to my dad).

Nailed so many its stupid!!

So if any one has one they are willing to let go. I WANT IT!!! 20$

I would like to collect all of them(different colours)

Saltydawg biggrin.gif