Hey, what does your screen name mean?

Rod Caster

HTHM a shortened version of my original handle - HometownHandyman, which was the name of my business until I shut down. I saw someone use that shortform in a post and thought that was a good way to do it.

Goes back 40 years or so ago, nothing to do with M.A.S.H.

T'was a time I could not go into the woods without seeing a porcupine where no others could. They destroyed trees in the forest and were thought of as vermin, and we shot many of them, although in Maine this was illegal as they are one of the only animals that can be outrun by man and thus considered a precursor to MRE's for those lost in the forest, if you like the taste of turpentine that is.

Mine is a fishing lure that my cousin gave to me about 35yrs ago for my birthday.

It cought my first of many big bass and it is still my go to lure if conditions are rite.

the real name is waterdawg but I always called it saltydawg bacause I always put a salted Mr twister on it.(thanks to my dad).

Nailed so many its stupid!!

So if any one has one they are willing to let go. I WANT IT!!! 20$

I would like to collect all of them(different colours)

Saltydawg biggrin.gif

I thought you where a sailor..

Hey, what does your screen name mean?

Hmmm... that's a poser, let me see if I can figure it out...

Apparently 'David' is Hebrew for 'beloved', although I'm only 1% Jewish (I'll let you guys figure that one out, but I will tell you that at 1% I'm probably bragging), and 'Bailey' comes from the same root as 'bail' and 'bailiff', and the 'bailey' was a large walled compound that was part of a 'motte and bailey' style fortification. Perhaps I had ancient relatives who were bailiffs, or, far more likely, they were constantly posting bail.

Waaaaayyyyy back on this board, it was BrianS I believe. Then through the changes, and because there was another "Brian", it became confusing (probably more to me than anyone else!). I used to love fishing a Rat-L-Trap crankbait....and because that was a licensed name, I just changed it to Rattletrap. I think I was forced to add the "2" because the name was in use somewhere. I used this name on other fishing boards at the time.....so that is it.

Ah damn, if I new there was going to be a quiz about our names, I would have taken the time to pick a better handle than Grimsbylander!! whistling.gif Hmmm...let me see, how about Pole Position...or Bait Master (yes I had the words reversed but chickened out) w00t.gifw00t.gif ..Hey is it too late to be Bait Master????rofl2.gif

Dave

About twenty-five years ago my daughter blessed (?) us with a couple of grandchildren...

Once they began talking and stumbling over their words I used to tell them that I thought they were "full of beans"...

They started to refer to me as grampa beans...Maribeth's daughter's son couldn't handle all that in one mouthfull so as I was outside cleaning the windows he was inside banging on the window with one of his little cars and hollering "Beans""Beans"..."you break my window...and I'll come in there and beans you!"

Before long the whole damn family was calling me "Beans" so it was easy to pick a name for this board...Couldn't get "Beans" for Hotmail as it was taken but beansguy was available...close enough...

"Tin of Beans" is the name of my boat...named by my old pal Jack (Nanook) thumbsup_anim.gif

About twenty-five years ago my daughter blessed (?) us with a couple of grandchildren...

Once they began talking and stumbling over their words I used to tell them that I thought they were "full of beans"...

They started to refer to me as grampa beans...Maribeth's daughter's son couldn't handle all that in one mouthfull so as I was outside cleaning the windows he was inside banging on the window with one of his little cars and hollering "Beans""Beans"..."you break my window...and I'll come in there and beans you!"

Before long the whole damn family was calling me "Beans" so it was easy to pick a name for this board...Couldn't get "Beans" for Hotmail as it was taken but beansguy was available...close enough...

"Tin of Beans" is the name of my boat...named by my old pal Jack (Nanook) thumbsup_anim.gif

Hummm....I think its cause yer full a beans, Beanswhistling.gifwink.gif

Overcast for two reasons:

1. I have had a dark cloud hanging over my head for most of my life.

2. I use to go up the Pickerel River to fish near the French a while back. My brother in law belonged to a fish club up there and we would go there to fish walleye and pike for the long weekend in May. There was one spot where the trees overhung the bank and I would try to put my lure under the branches. What usually happened was me throwing my lure up into the trees. I also did that on the Coldwater river, Sturgeon River, etc etc etc.

Thus I chose "Overcast"

Tom.