battery woes

archer379

last spring i bought 2 new factory seconds trolling motor batterys. Later on in the summer they didnt seem like they were holding much of a charge. I took them back the place i bought them (my work is one of there biggest costmers) he kept them fro a couple of days toped up the water chargerd them ran them down and charged them back up and said they were fine. So i thought it may be a bad conection someplace rewired it with a new plug. The rest of the year all was great.

fast forward to this year have only had the boat out twice. the first time out the trolling motor was weak brought it home cleaned all the connections. Second time all was good. Was just out cleaning things a bit and bumped the swich the trolling motor seem slow for the setting. Grabed the volt meter one battery was 12+ volts the other one was 3.25 volts. they are both hooked to a onboard charger and were both up last weekend when I checked them.

I think i need one new battery as the warrenty is gone can i replace just one since they are still fairly new or should i buy 2

You should really replace both.....but you didn't get your monies worth on those two......could be a bad cell in that battery but have you thought about a different brand.

Bob

I stick to interstate, no knock offs or blemished ones at all. 3 years so far, and I do drain them down, when i use them in my canoe for the ff and trolling motor.

If you have the coin right now to get 2 then do so and stick to the big name ones. then keep the other as a backup and keep it well maintained as you might need it as a cranking one as a back up one day. as for the bad unit. keep it too and fill it up with distiled water and run something to drain it then charge it and drain it and charge it again. you never know, it might come back.

last spring i bought 2 new factory seconds trolling motor batterys. Later on in the summer they didnt seem like they were holding much of a charge. I took them back the place i bought them (my work is one of there biggest costmers) he kept them fro a couple of days toped up the water chargerd them ran them down and charged them back up and said they were fine. So i thought it may be a bad conection someplace rewired it with a new plug. The rest of the year all was great.

fast forward to this year have only had the boat out twice. the first time out the trolling motor was weak brought it home cleaned all the connections. Second time all was good. Was just out cleaning things a bit and bumped the swich the trolling motor seem slow for the setting. Grabed the volt meter one battery was 12+ volts the other one was 3.25 volts. they are both hooked to a onboard charger and were both up last weekend when I checked them.

I think i need one new battery as the warrenty is gone can i replace just one since they are still fairly new or should i buy 2

I have to brand new never used 27 series Forf Motor caft deep cycle batteries.These batteries are awesome.They retail for over 190.00 each.If you want you can have the pair for $150.00.

I will be leaving for Buckhorn Saturday morning and I will be there for a week.

Let me know if this is of any interest to you and I will load them in the truck.

We may even be able to get out on the water for a few hours.

This is a deal for any OFC members only.

Just shoot me a pm or email me at. [email protected]

Dan

I have to brand new never used 27 series Forf Motor caft deep cycle batteries.These batteries are awesome.They retail for over 190.00 each.If you want you can have the pair for $150.00.

Let me know if this is of any interest to you and I will load them in the truck.

Dan

just sent you a EMAIL THANKS

Dan

I really don't think ford makes batteries and if they retail for $190 that's mad, and for $150, that's still mad. Go to Total Battery and get a Gp 27DC for around $110.

Whoops, my bad, didn't see "pair"

Edited by Fisherman