Goin' on a fishing trip! :)

blizzcat

Hello!

My fiance and I are going on our annual fishing trip next week! ^_^ We are heading up to Northern Woods Lodge on Long Lake. I was just wondering if anyone has been up there during this time of the year??

I am starting to make lists of what to get but it is always worth hearing the opinions of people who have been there.

We are fishing for all types, Brook Trout, Lake Trout, Pike, Walleye.. but we haven't had that much experience with Lake Trout and are wondering what the fishing will be like up there?

We've got the basics... jigs, gulp-minnows and grubs, rock walkers.. and of course we've got lots of fly fishing flies for the brookies.. but does anyone have any other suggestions of what we should bring with us?

It's always the worst when you get to a great lodge and don't have what you need ~_~ last time we drove 30mins out of the way to get more rock walkers because that was the big item where we were. I'm hoping we'll have everything we need this year.

As always I appreciate any advice and stories :D

If I rememebr Long Lake is pretty deep in the center so if your going for pike try those rocky points at the mouths of early shallow weedbays.

Temps should be in the fifties there and a few big ones should be hanging out on each transition area.

Wish i couold help you more but good luck and post lots of pics when you get back!!

Darren

If I rememebr Long Lake is pretty deep in the center so if your going for pike try those rocky points at the mouths of early shallow weedbays.

Temps should be in the fifties there and a few big ones should be hanging out on each transition area.

Wish i couold help you more but good luck and post lots of pics when you get back!!

Darren

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for the pike, and we will definitely post pictures afterwards!

my wifes uncle owns a lodge on long lake

it has excellent walleye and pike fishing, and i mean EXCELLENT. Like bucktail said, for pike, find the shallow weedy bays and transitional areas and you're sure to get on some bigguns

as for walleye, they're everywhere...last i heard, they stocked the lake with walleye, so you're going to hook into a lot of dinks, but i know there are regularly 7-8 pounders pulled out of there

my experience with the lake ends there unfortunately...theres tons of perch in that lake as well, and nice smallies in some areas, but when i go up there its to pull in those northerns and wallies

if you need any other info shoot me a PM...good luck, and take lots of pics!

my wifes uncle owns a lodge on long lake

it has excellent walleye and pike fishing, and i mean EXCELLENT. Like bucktail said, for pike, find the shallow weedy bays and transitional areas and you're sure to get on some bigguns

as for walleye, they're everywhere...last i heard, they stocked the lake with walleye, so you're going to hook into a lot of dinks, but i know there are regularly 7-8 pounders pulled out of there

my experience with the lake ends there unfortunately...theres tons of perch in that lake as well, and nice smallies in some areas, but when i go up there its to pull in those northerns and wallies

if you need any other info shoot me a PM...good luck, and take lots of pics!

Thanks for the info! I didn't know they had stocked Walleye, they are always fun to catch!