Lac Seul Report

limeyangler

Hi all,

Got out on Lac Seul yesterday. We were at Williams Bay which i guess is the central part of the Lake.

One fish...the first one (a nice 24") came out of 20'FOW just in front of a midwater reef, the rest all came from 14' to 8' FOW. I did head out to where the channel meets the main lake....but there was a noticible drop in water temperature(surface) as soon as you got to water facing the main basin....we had 63 degrees just prior to getting to the main basin right down to 54 degrees in a matter of seconds. There were fish on the screen in the open water (deep too) but nothing biting.

So most of our day was spent in one large bay searching the 14' to 8' depths. We caught around 20 fish each....lots of small ones with the best one a respectable 25".

Although i've caught more fish before...the amount of slot and over slot fish was better, i think i got around 10 fish in slot and above....probably more than i got all last year!!!!

Green/chartreuse the jig colour, minnows were bait. All the big fish were on 4" sucker and dace minnows, Garnet (my fishing buddy for the day) was using the small minnows, he's not used to using anything else and stuck with what he felt comfortable with...but the difference was clear as he only got one slot fish on the smaller baits.

I did keep one over slot fish (22") and when cleaning it last night expected to find large bait fish inside given what they were scarfing down from my hook, but there was only fish fly larvae....stuffed to the gills.

Another thing i noticed was the areas we found that held fish were being battered by the wind and definitely rocky to mud transitions....whether that be a reef to mud...or where a rocky/boulder shore area turned to sand or mud...even if it was just a small offshore boulder pile.

Anyway...here's some pics and vid. BE WARNED....A FEW 'F' BOMBS IN THE LAST FEW SECONDS OF THE VIDEO

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uhNS0W4jA5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

Excellent Simon, really great fish there and the water looks calm and beautiful.

Great report :thumbsup_anim:

Lac Seul is on my to-do list!!!

The weather was stunning Joey, the fishing average...and the company great, good day all in all.

When are you guys gonna head North?

awesome walleye report & pics !!! some very nice sized eyes....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::clapping:

Thanks FD...cant wait till mid July when the big girls go deep.

You're livin the life Simon... don't stop !

Thanks Wayne....i always stop for a few seconds while i'm out to make a mental note of how lucky i am so i dont ever take it for granted.

Woot Woot! Lac Seul is an awesome fishery!

Looks like some good times Limey!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Dood...i had to do something to catch you up!!!

Awesome stuff, man...love those big healthy 'eyes!! That last sunset shot has me thinking it's time for another one of your music videos :D

lol pick a tune JB...i'll see what i can come up with

woooo awesome as always.... great view and nice walleye.... great stuff simon...

Thanks Bfisher

Great report! Congrats on the 'eyes. Thanks for sharing the tackle and location details!!

Thanks Homer, i am trying to add more detail to my reports....it helps me too as a record to look back at.

Great report and awesome photos

planning a two week trip this summer , with one week on LOW with son #1 guideing and defineatly a day or two on Lac Seul (gotta find that sandbar again!) , then Eagle lake , then Nipigon , then Superior , ...maybe 3 weeks

TB