Belwood Lion's Pike Derby

I'll be there Saturday & Sunday just wondering if anyone will be there say hello if you see me, off white Skeeter 60 hp Merc, I'll likely be some where up the river Saturday morning & down towards the Dam after that, good luck to any one going:Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

SBK

Edited by spinnerbaitking

Hey SBK,

I planned on entering and received an entry form as I am a Burford Lions member. After receiving the entry form and reading it 10 times I could not find the date of the event on the forum. Would likely help if the date was on the registration forms.

Where can I get some info on this event?

Chad

WOW! Only 7 pike over 24" long caught by 509 anglers over two days last year. I think they might be missing all the pike that they used to transport from Orangeville's derbies. They stopped the Orangeville derbies due to pressure on nesting bass.

I have a trailer on the lake and I can safely say that Derby has been a Gong show for the last few years LOL...

I used to fish it with my Dad as a kid but I can't hack the traffic anymore.

There Seems to be a lot more weekend warriors with out etiqutte, or manners joining in the fun.

But for a decent cause I suppose the more people the merrier right?...I just don't enjoy the crowds.

Either I'm getting old, or I just attract :asshat: 's

I used to see lots of kids, and few serious anglers but in years past its been powerboats weaving around Canoes at full tilt, and honestly.....just a LOT of disrespectfull punks.

I'll wait for another 2 weeks to wet a line :Gonefishing:

Has anyone even been out to the lake this year? When I drove over the bridge it did not look like you will get even a bass boat under the bridge. It has been a really wet spring and that lake is up so high its going to be tough. I fished it 2 years ago and I had to remove the windshield just to get my old 16 ft sylvan under the bridge and up river. Good Luck tho guys! I wish I had the time to fish it mad.gif

It is a good cause, so lets get out and do our part!

We are hoping to hook a few of the followers this year, usually find some nice ones just can't get them to bite & I'm not into live bait, I started going there in the late 80's fishing out of a canoe, I've had problem's with Jet Skiers in the past but nothing a Daredevil past the ear doesn't fix lol, we usually see the OPP & a CO out checking boats for Safety Equipment,

Outdoor Card, Booze etc.

SBK

WHEN WE HEADED HOME SATURDAY AT 7:30PM THERE WAS ONLY 1 24" PIKE ENTERED IN THE DERBY, only 3 Pike entered & some one said over 400 fisherman, a 30+" was second & a 36+" was 1st, there were no kids entered so they made a draw, we had 7 under 22" Saturday & 3 under 22" on Sunday plus a catfish,2 Smallies & 1 Walleye, toughest fishing I've had on Belwood, but it was a good fund raiser for the Lion's

SBK

PICT0045.jpg

Edited by spinnerbaitking

36" is a decent fish for a change atleast, and it sounds like you got into a few to keep you occupied.

Belwood is a very tricky lake most of the time....especially when 400 boats are cruising her LOL!

But good one ya for getting out and supporting the derby :)

kenandwalleye.JPG i didn't enter the derby but fished off the dock at highland pines all weekend......i spend my summers at highland pines and belwood lake is tough right now but the walleyes are really biting......i've caught 3 off the dock. i plan on spending a lot of time on my boat this summer now that i know the lake a bit better......running through the fencing on the wrong side of the big island was not a fun experience.....