My opener weekend.

Rod Caster

Saturday morning, 4am, I hit one of the local docks with a good fishing buddy. Tea and coffee in hand, we sat patiently as the sun rose, the people moved in and the fish didn't bite. Other than some perch and mudpuppies, the lines were limp... we blamed it on a late spring and moved on.

I proceeded, at 11am to take the gf to a small lake in a canoe for a few hours before she worked. The weather was perfect and we came away with tans and smiles but not fish.

After dropping the gf off at work, I drove back up north to two small lakes to do some exploring with the canoe. First one had nothing but rock bass and perch. The second one looked perfect, hadn't seen another soul in months, but was tight lipped. I saw a huge walleye get spooked but no takers. Got home at 11pm and hit the hay.

Sunday at 8, I met up with Nipfisher after he offered me a first class seat in his boat. We tried a few typical walleye spots but couldn't track them down...again late spring!?

Eventually we found something I've never caught before in Nipissing. White/Silver Bass, and BIG ones too!! I took three home and found out that they are really easy to clean, and the meat looks great!!! I can't wait to try it.

Thanks again Nipfisher.... very kind of you to off a seat in your boat. :thumbsup_anim:

Captain in his element

100_0234.jpg

100_0236.jpg

Nice goin, guys. Definitely a late spring. Saw next to no weed growth down on restoule where i'd historically see plenty this time of year. Zero fish to boot. :wallbash: We should hook up for some pike fishing sometime soon, i know a sweet little shore spot up north (read where im going tonight).

Nice goin, guys. Definitely a late spring. Saw next to no weed growth down on restoule where i'd historically see plenty this time of year. Zero fish to boot. :wallbash: We should hook up for some pike fishing sometime soon, i know a sweet little shore spot up north (read where im going tonight).

I'd like to join tonight, even though the weather is bad, but I made some non-fishing commitments for the evening....silly me. We'll hook up for some exploring this summer.