Bass lake

Haven't fished that one... but I believe there is a good post in the archives somewhere on it, about the campground and the works. Just damn hard to do a search on "bass" or "lake" !! lol

Edited by irishfield

We stayed at Bass Lake Provincial Park a couple of years ago. I fished it for a weekend. Mostly with the kids for panfish. The sunfish seem plentiful! We kept a couple for a fish fry but they were FULL of worms. The worst I have seen. Black dots on the skin and the meat was full of yellow grubs.

We did get a couple of smallies. They were released but skin was covered with black dots as well.

If may have been bad luck / bad time of year with all the worms? I don't know?

I would love to do a search but for some reason I have never been able to do it when using my blackberry. I would probably hit every single thread on here with those two words .

Haven't fished that one... but I believe there is a good post in the archives somewhere on it, about the campground and the works. Just damn hard to do a search on "bass" or "lake" !! lol

We used to camp/fish there often. Nice park for camping with good bass fishing in the summer months. Can't leave you boat docked overnight (well there are only 2 temporary docks)There is a boat rental as well. Not much to do this time of year though.

i was looking into that place for camping this year,decided to try elsewhere 1.because my other option seemed better for us and 2. i read a few terrible reviews on the place and one of the reviews painted the staff there like nazi's lol

Bass lake has a good population of large and smallmouth bass.Largemouth like the weedbeds and wood throughout the lake.Smallies like the open areas with mixed rock and light weed growth and are more apt to be in water 3-8 ft.It has big sunfish and there are crappie and perch.bass lake is a bowl type lake.It has a deep hole about 34ft which i believe is a spring.The main center portion of the lake is 20ft but the best fishing is probably in the 8-12 ft depth during the day as largemouths love hanging around the cabbage beds crossing the lake between the 13th and 14th lines.Late evening and in the dark fishing lily pads at the south end(woods)can be lots of fun for big largemouth.Further out in the flats from there smallies will roam in the 4-5 ft depth during the day.

Our #1 bait for bass lake has got to be the rattlin rap or cordell spot black/gold.Easy fishing just chuck and wind.

It is the perfect lake if you have kids cause there are sunfish practically everywhere and they like to bite.

I have friends that go there every bass opener and they always have a fish fry for the weekend with a good mix of all species.

The park is great,most sites are good.Always a good idea to take a cruise thru if you aren't booking a site so you can pick what you like.The sites right by the water do not have power and there only 4 sites I think and a couple get pretty muddy if its wet.The park has a store but just ice cream treats,chocolates and such.It only has canoe and paddleboat rentals now too.Hope this helps.

Kerry

Bass lake has a good population of large and smallmouth bass.Largemouth like the weedbeds and wood throughout the lake.Smallies like the open areas with mixed rock and light weed growth and are more apt to be in water 3-8 ft.It has big sunfish and there are crappie and perch.bass lake is a bowl type lake.It has a deep hole about 34ft which i believe is a spring.The main center portion of the lake is 20ft but the best fishing is probably in the 8-12 ft depth during the day as largemouths love hanging around the cabbage beds crossing the lake between the 13th and 14th lines.Late evening and in the dark fishing lily pads at the south end(woods)can be lots of fun for big largemouth.Further out in the flats from there smallies will roam in the 4-5 ft depth during the day.

Our #1 bait for bass lake has got to be the rattlin rap or cordell spot black/gold.Easy fishing just chuck and wind.

It is the perfect lake if you have kids cause there are sunfish practically everywhere and they like to bite.

I have friends that go there every bass opener and they always have a fish fry for the weekend with a good mix of all species.

The park is great,most sites are good.Always a good idea to take a cruise thru if you aren't booking a site so you can pick what you like.The sites right by the water do not have power and there only 4 sites I think and a couple get pretty muddy if its wet.The park has a store but just ice cream treats,chocolates and such.It only has canoe and paddleboat rentals now too.Hope this helps.

Kerry

I have a Lake Map that was picked up at the office maybe 10 years ago, across the lake from the park it's over 30', there is lots of cover for the lmbass & I've had really good fishing on the north shore for smallies you just have to put your time in to figure out what's working, very friendly cottagers only ran into 1 idiot all the times I was there, the Ontario Junior Bass Team used the lake for a Qualifier, my son & a buddies son made the team a few years, i need to go back there & don't rule out Spinnerbaits

SBK

I fished the lake last year for the first time and stayed at the park in mid August for a week.There is alot of pan fish and some bass .I fished that lake hard and did manage a few bass but not many compared to the hours spent on the water. The park is ok but as another post mentioned no where for your boat over night.Its a good day trip lake if your in the area.But there are many more nicer and better fishing places and parks around IMO

Edited by FISHINGNUT