Best Bass Bait?

LegitFish

What's your number one bass bait?

My LiveTarget Yellow Perch lure has been the best I have lure I have ever owned. It seems to work even on bad days. Not only does it catch Bass, but Ive caught Pike, Catfish, and even Walleye. These lures are great!

Don'tcha hate it when you feel the strike, set the hook....you figure you've got a 10lb walleye, but then you realize the fight has lasted too long and it's probably a 3lb bass?? :dunno:

worse, it's less then 3LB

Don'tcha hate it when you feel the strike, set the hook....you figure you've got a 10lb walleye, but then you realize the fight has lasted too long and it's probably a 3lb bass?? :dunno:

Fishing Walleye is not about the fight, it is about the chase.

I'm old shool.... Jitterbug leopard green pattern biggrin.gif

YEP!!!

Throw out a 5" on a calm night when they are active LOOKOUT.

My father always said BIG BAIT =BIG FISH....

It takes patiance but well worth it.

I forget what Bass look like as I want Walleye and Musky.

I found bass and a shakey head jig with a 'senko' type bait is best for those pesty buggers.

Same... Can't stand bass fishing...

And the smallie tournament record was set a couple miles from my dock...

Walleye taste great and musky are just plain mean...

Geoff... You just gotta try trophy carp fishing now... Keeps you entertained in the spring...

Ugh, I can't narrow it down but in my eyes in the 7 weeks I fished bass every day last year the bass either would eat a Snag Proof frog over the duckweed or the didn't after 45mins of hitting a few spots...So I picked up a Booyah Pigskin jig and it always made fish come to the boat.

Best Bait, just love the appearance of my Hack Attack Jigs by Strike King...going to be a good dozen big bass this summer you guys will see with that stuck in the hood of it's mouth!

You can't really name any specific bait without knowing the type of bass, time of the year, weather conditions, water temp., water clarity, calm or choppy. For example, a surface bait might be your best bait but I doubt very much that it would be your go to if you were on a windswept lake over 40 FOW. As long as the bait's action is good, almost any surface bait will produce over calm, shallower, weedy water. Tubes and critters in weed pockets. Cranks and tubes over rocks. etc... Well at least that's my opinion.

Ah yes.

"I think I have a good one here". "Ahhhh. Sheephead!! Crap".

AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA :thumbsup_anim:

Same... Can't stand bass fishing...

Geoff... You just gotta try trophy carp fishing now... Keeps you entertained in the spring...

hum, that's a thought I never had before... :unsure:

Does anyone use those topwater frog buzzbaits? I think there from Rebel, with the back legs working like propeller kicking up water. Its not my favourite bass lure but man is it fun, and a producer for anything. If ya dont have one go to crappie tire and grab one . Its a blast!