New to Canada

Hey Colin. Welcome to Canada and more specifically to Vaughan. Being a fellow resident, I can tell you that there many good lakes within a couple of hours drive or less offering a wide variety of species. There is good action in both the soft water and hard water seasons on Lake Simcoe which is less than an hour from you.

Shoot me a PM if you want more details.

Tony

If you ever look at this post again, Welcome!

Easiest way to start fishing around here is to get a cheap, medium spinning rod put some 8 lb mono on it, a simple sinker, hook with a worm and throw it out there. There is a excellent variety of fish most lakes or river that will hit that worm.

Welcome to the board. I moved to Canada a few years ago now and everyone here will make you feel welcome. Some great people here that are a blast to fish with

Hi Hud,

Many thanks for the kind welcome and I'm so looking forward to getting down to the river or lake and wetting a line.

Hope to speak again soon.

Colin.

Catfish 136.....

Don't trust these Canadians......I'm warning you....before you know it they will lure you in and you will be drinking their COLD Canadian Beer in no time....then they will have you arguing about hockey.....and finally you will be looking like this... :canadian: and ending every sentence with...eh... :thumbsup_anim:

Welcome,

A Canadian Redneck Cousin,

Bob

Hi Billy Bob,

Great to meet you and thanks for the tip off, I'll make sure I don't fall in to their trap apart from the bit about beer...thumbsup_anim.gif

Cant wait to get down to a river or lake and wet a line.

Hope to speak again very soon.......eh..!!

Colin.

I hook you up on the lake if your out in Bronte way sometime

Welcome

Hey BITEME,

Great to meet you and thanks for the kind welcome, would be great to catch up and fish sometime, whenever your free just message me and we can make it happen.

Hope to speak soon.

Colin.

Hi Colin, welcome aboard! Nice to hear from other fellow Brits in Canada. Drop me a PM sometime, would like to chat about those Spanish Cats!

Hi John,

Great to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome.

Would be great to chat anytime you like about fishing.

Colin.

If you get the opportunity, take a little drive up to North Bay. Lake Nipissing has some excellent fishing for almost anything that swims(except trout). It's only a 3.5 hour drive from you and there are numerous places to stay. Most of the lodges and cottages up here include a boat rental but you will need to get a pleasure craft operators card. There are several OFC members up this way so i doubt you'd have a problem finding a fishing buddy :D

Hi Mike,

Great to meet you and many thanks for the advice, I will certainly take a drive up and see whats around.

We took a drive up to Georgian Bay a few weekends ago and some of the waters where amazing.

Hope to catch up soon.

Colin.

Welcome to our community, Colin. Looking forward to your input here.

Hi Roy,

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

From the feed back I have already had from this site makes me feel that the members are true helpful fishermen and women with the best interests of the sport at heart.

I look forward to a long and interesting membership and will certainly be as helpful as the others have been in any fishing ventures I go on.

Colin.

Welcome Aboard, sign up for the OFC Tourney we are looking for 4 more people for the next Draw

Tight Lines SBK

Hi,

I will certainly sign up in the next few days.

Looking forward to being a long standing helpful member.

Colin.

Welcome aboard Colin, nice to have another "limey" around....look forward to your fish tales.

Hi,

Looking forward to posting lots of fish tales in the future....Gonefishing.gif

Colin.

Welcome aboard

Im sure the carp gurus will chime in

Hi,

I hope the Carp gurus will chip in as well as all the other anglers that fish for different species.

Colin.

Welcome to the board Colin. I am sure you will get lots of coaching for places to start fishing real soon. I would give you some advice but you see I am a little South of you.

Art

Hi,

Many thanks for the warm welcome and great to meet you.

I'm looking forward to getting as much help as I can as well as going out and searching for myself, to be honest distance doesn't bother me with regards to fishing and I feel that you only get out what you put in and if that means travelling long distances then I really don't mind.

I took a drive up to Georgian Bay the other weekend and was overawed by the immense size of some of the waters up there, watercraft is certainly going to play a big part in finding the fish.

Hope to speak again soon.

Colin.

Welcome aboard !!! Did you bring any 3X or Bountiful with you to share???

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't have much room left in my bags along with the fishing gear...wallbash.gif

Colin.

welcome - I think anyone who can catch fish that size probably has some very transferable skills, and will meet with success here. So, just how long does it take to land a 136 lb catfish I wonder?

Hi,

Nice to meet you and thanks for the kind welcome.

Regarding the catfish, once the first few heavy runs are over it's just a matter of coaxing them in gently with lots of heavy head thumps, the first few runs are amazing and its just a matter of hanging on while they empty the spool of line.....all heart thumping action.

Looking forward to wetting a line soon over here.

Colin.

Hey Colin!

Welcome to OFC and to Canada as well!

You are within a very short drive to some great areas for fishing. Lake Simcoe is virtually an inland great lake and has all kinds of opportunities. This amazing body of water is just up the 400 Highway from you. As mentioned already, if it is Carp you are interested in, the experts will be along shortly to give you specific info.

There are lots of good rivers and streams as well.

Enjoy your time on the board!

Hi,

Great to meet you and many thanks for the warm welcome.

Thanks for the advice, I took a drive up to Lake Simcoe the other weekend and was overawed by the immense size of the water, its certainly going to be a challenge to find where the fish are, but watercraft is as important as the fishing itself, so looking forward to it.

I'm not looking specifically for Carp, I'm looking to catch my first Large or Smallmouth Bass as well as Salmon and Steelhead.

Hope to speak again very soon.

Colin.

Welcome Colin, to Canada and OFC!

If you get down to the Niagara region drop me a line and I'll get you out for Salmon or Bass...Or Muskie.

Hi,

Many thanks for the kind welcome and its great to meet you.

I was down at the Niagra Whirlpool last weekend and took a walk around, I heard that you can fish for Steelhead at the Whirlpool but found access very difficult.

Would be great to get out anytime, just drop me a line here.

Colin.

Welcome to OFC and Canada Dude ! Hope ya stick around !thumbsup_anim.gif

Paul

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for the kind welcome and great to meet you.

I intend to stick around, this site is awesome with loads of helpful anglers giving advice.

Colin.