Princraft Walleye Open !

Chabot

New sponsors up the ante and media partnerships announced

The inaugural 2011 Princecraft Canadian Walleye Open, presented by Thomas Marine Group is fast approaching and the excitement

continues to grow at an exponential rate. Slated for the weekend of June 4th & 5th in town of Sorel-Tracy, Quebec and on the waters of

Lake St-Pierre, the two-day competition will feature walleye fishing enthusiasts from all walks of life, near and far, as they compete for the

ultimate bragging rights and a first place prize valued at over $25,000.

For those unfamiliar with the concept of tournament fishing, the goal is simple. Teams of two anglers have eight hours per day to bring

back to the scale the five best fish possible. Traditionally, this would mean the five heaviest fish, but with the recent change in the slot limit

regulations for walleye caught in the region of the event(only walleyes measuring between 37cm and 53cm may be kept), organizers feel

that this not only changes the game, but most definitely the strategy as well. “The new slot limit will certainly affect the way the competitors

need to plan their time on the water.” states Ben Woo, President, Princecraft Open. “What makes this scenario incredibly interesting is that

now the format longer favours those professional anglers and guides who know where and how to catch the biggest walleyes. In fact, this

new ruling actually gives the average fisherman an incredible opportunity at winning the big prize as well!”

Since the announcement of the event, there has been outstanding support from the fishing community and industry. Starting first with the

official first place prize which is now confirmed to be a 2011 Princecraft Holiday boat, powered by a Mercury 50hp four-stroke outboard.

Included in the package are a Minn Kota trolling motor, Humminbird electronics and a trailer, all courtesy of Thomas Marine Group. Overall,

a total ready-to-fish package that many walleye fisherman would be ecstatic to welcome onto their driveways.

Pure Fishing, one of the largest fishing product manufacturer’s in the world have also committed to being an official sponsor of the event.

Premium brands such as Pflueger reels, Fenwick rods, Spiderwire line and Gulp! Alive artificial baits are now the official and exclusive

products of the Princecraft Open. Several prize packs will be available for both competitors and scrutineers alike, adding yet another

$2,500.00 of prize value to the pot.

The 2011 Princecraft Open is also proud to announce two critical partnerships on the media side of things as well. Sentier Chasse-Pêche,

Quebec’s leading outdoors magazine has signed on as an official media partner. Sentier will be providing pre-event promotions and

announcements via their web portal, newsletters and Facebook page. Furthermore, look out for exclusive event coverage of the

tournament in a future issue of Sentier Chasse-Pêche magazine.

Last but not least, RDS, Quebec’s #1 sports channel, will also be airing an exclusive special presentation of the Princecraft Open in early

2012. The 30 minute episode will encapsulate the highlights, emotions and drama of the tournament and truly showcase the sport of

competitive fishing to the masses. The Princecraft Open is currently the only walleye fishing competition scheduled to air on television in

Canada.

With a little over a month of time before the event, the anticipation continues to build and the competitor list grows ever so longer. If

fishing in a fast-paced, competitive and most importantly, exciting environment sounds like something you would try, then do not hesitate

and sign up today! Spaces are limited to only 150x teams and the cost is only$300 per team to register. The 2011 Princecraft Canadian

Walleye Open, presented by Thomas Marine Group is guaranteed to be the best time you’ve ever had fishing. Besides, it takes only 10x

fish to win the $25k...how hard could it be? We’ll all find out on June 4th & 5th, 2011 when the first ever Walleye Champions will be

crowned.

For more information: (514) 909-7185 - [email protected]

www.PrincecraftOpen.com

I have fished many a walleye tournament when I was younger......and believe me....fishing is much better without tournaments.

Bob

To help pass the winter, I was actually kicking around the idea to try tournament fishing just for the experience and with no real ambition to win anything. What are some of the negatives in your opinion?

To help pass the winter, I was actually kicking around the idea to try tournament fishing just for the experience and with no real ambition to win anything. What are some of the negatives in your opinion?

CROWDS EVERYWHERE you want to fish would be my #1 negative.....I go fishing to get away from that now...but years ago when I was 15-20 years younger I did fish many Lake Erie Walleye tournaments with my partner Dennis...we place 5 years in a row in the Southtowns Walleye Tournament....but we put in huge amounts of fishing hours. We slept in our van for 4 nights while fishing out of either Dunkirk Harbor or Barcelona....11-13 hours of straight fishing did produce results so it showed hard work and LUCK goes hand in hand....but it took the joy out of fishing....we would launch way before daylight but still had to wait in line, sometimes as long as 1 hour to get the boat in the water...then at the end of the day it was a ZOO trying to get out of the water, and after all those hours on the water patience were frayed by everyone waiting.

Back in the hey days of these tournaments Southtowns Tourny would sign up 2500 anglers...that's a LOT of boats in the traditional hot spots trolling planer boards and downriggers. Fishing room evaporated quickly. Even though I still have all my tournament equipment I RARELY strap that crap on my boat anymore but rather jig or drift worm harnesses well knowing I will catch much less fish this way. But it's a LOT more fun fishing..

The good part of fishing a tournament is if you're serious about trying to win, it pushes you to the max and you learn and catch fish. It's a younger mans game and that's why you see mostly younger pro anglers competing.

Good Luck,

Bob

CROWDS EVERYWHERE you want to fish would be my #1 negative.....I go fishing to get away from that now...but years ago when I was 15-20 years younger I did fish many Lake Erie Walleye tournaments with my partner Dennis...we place 5 years in a row in the Southtowns Walleye Tournament....but we put in huge amounts of fishing hours. We slept in our van for 4 nights while fishing out of either Dunkirk Harbor or Barcelona....11-13 hours of straight fishing did produce results so it showed hard work and LUCK goes hand in hand....but it took the joy out of fishing....we would launch way before daylight but still had to wait in line, sometimes as long as 1 hour to get the boat in the water...then at the end of the day it was a ZOO trying to get out of the water, and after all those hours on the water patience were frayed by everyone waiting.

Back in the hey days of these tournaments Southtowns Tourny would sign up 2500 anglers...that's a LOT of boats in the traditional hot spots trolling planer boards and downriggers. Fishing room evaporated quickly. Even though I still have all my tournament equipment I RARELY strap that crap on my boat anymore but rather jig or drift worm harnesses well knowing I will catch much less fish this way. But it's a LOT more fun fishing..

The good part of fishing a tournament is if you're serious about trying to win, it pushes you to the max and you learn and catch fish. It's a younger mans game and that's why you see mostly younger pro anglers competing.

Good Luck,

Bob

Thanks for your perspective! I do dislike lineups and crowds. Maybe best just to have a 'friendly' competition with my spouse.....