Coast Guard Auxiliary Suspended From Issuing Boat Operator Cards

craigdritchie

As most of us know, you need to take a test and get an operator card if you want to legally drive a boat in this country. You pay a boating safety course provider to give you the test and issue your card.

For all sorts of reasons, Transport Canada has begun monitoring its course providers, and suspended those who don't do things properly. One of the outfits they recently suspended is the Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary!

D'oh!!

Click here to read more.

It is strictly a monetary funding issue that is ongoing and has nothing to do with competency.

Go easy man!

Transport Canada and Fisheries and Oceans are 2 very different animals

Edited by BITEME.Esq

It is strictly a monetary funding issue that is ongoing and has nothing to do with competency.

Go easy man!

Transport Canada and Fisheries and Oceans are 2 very different animals

I'll buy that, but if the Coast Guard Auxiliary is no longer doing PCOC testing, why not just remove any reference to them as a course provider? Having them appearing on a list like this makes for really bad optics.

I did speak with the Coast Guard Auxiliary president, Ted, Smith, and updated the blog post with his comments.

Big changes have come to the PCOC in the last month. I might be wrong but I think the days of challenging the test without any coarse time may be over. So if the Coast Guard offered the test and no coarse they would request to be suspended until they got the coarse sorted out. Sounds like this is what happened.

I fully disagree

JMO

Well, when you take the test at the booth, don't the pretty girls issuing the test help with answers? As far as i can tell anyone can pass the test with 25 bucks in hadn (or however much it costs to take the thing).

Well, when you take the test at the booth, don't the pretty girls issuing the test help with answers? As far as i can tell anyone can pass the test with 25 bucks in hadn (or however much it costs to take the thing).

I have never agreed with how they do it from the start it should be done the same way they do automobiles

its pretty shocking how many people have $50,000+ boats and have not got any CDF at all. It needs to be tightened right up and of coarse there is always a cost.

JMO

Exactly always been a scam, the guy that invented the scam is doing well with it though!!! :D