My opener

Was stuck on shore but hit the lake with my dad for 45 minutes while the kids were in nap-ville. Went 1 for 4 on the jerkbait bite while all the live-baiters came up short around me! hehe

Lost a solid 20-some incher right at shore! Man I sucked at closing the deal on this short trip but I'm happy with my first little resident brown for 2011!

53f22b08.jpg

5c0c7ddb.jpg

Cheers,

Ryan

Haha thanks guys! Haha thanks guys! Haha thanks guys! Haha thanks guys!

Oops! :whistling:

It was awesome to get out with my dad even if it was just for a few minutes! He had to help me summerize my lawn tractor, boat motor and so on or we would have fished longer...He's coming back to fish the bass opener derby with me which I'm really looking forward to as I haven't gone bass fishing with him in a while!

Now the family is about to head back to Sudbury and leave me with 3 tired kids and a wife with a bad case of the flu!

FYI - not very many ppl fish jerkbaits for resident brownies but I'm here to tell you they work, and the fish go ballistic when you hook'em! Lots of fun!

Thanks and have a great week!

Ryan

Haha thanks guys! Haha thanks guys! Haha thanks guys! Haha thanks guys!

Oops! :whistling:

It was awesome to get out with my dad even if it was just for a few minutes! He had to help me summerize my lawn tractor, boat motor and so on or we would have fished longer...He's coming back to fish the bass opener derby with me which I'm really looking forward to as I haven't gone bass fishing with him in a while!

Now the family is about to head back to Sudbury and leave me with 3 tired kids and a wife with a bad case of the flu!

FYI - not very many ppl fish jerkbaits for resident brownies but I'm here to tell you they work, and the fish go ballistic when you hook'em! Lots of fun!

Thanks and have a great week!

Ryan

Way to go, bud!! Glad you made it out, and, with your dad is even more special!! I'll have to try some jerkbaits there next time. I pounded the water with spinners, spoons, and, small crankbaits...not even a whiff. Had to resort to "ye olde garden hackle" :lol: to get any takers.

Way to go, bud!! Glad you made it out, and, with your dad is even more special!! I'll have to try some jerkbaits there next time. I pounded the water with spinners, spoons, and, small crankbaits...not even a whiff. Had to resort to "ye olde garden hackle" :lol: to get any takers.

Hey buddy - the guys who were shore fishing right beside us were using dew worms and only managed 1 perch and a handful of gobies in something like 6 hours.... I showed up and had a follower come right to shore on my first cast! :thumbsup_anim: for me in the past ( early season) I've gotten my bows trolling small stick type crank baits far far behind the boat along shore and when I cast jerk baits it's been %100 browns. Also hooked some incidental bows and browns on pink trout worms while bluegill and crappie fishing in the back bays.

Cheers,

Ryan