gps app for iphone?

hunterjoe84

I am looking for a good gps for my iphone for marking trails, stands and other info. Something I can mark waypoints. tracks, and identify points. Anyone use any good ones? I use the navionics for fishing and it is great, just not too good for terrain. Thanks

If I were out in the bush, an iphone would be the last gps I would want to rely on. I would worry about the durability compared to some other designated and designed handhelds.

I have great coverage where I use it and I want to upgrade eventually, but it is still an excellent tool. i want to use it as best I can. Anyone use any apps for hunting?

I've heard some horror stories of some who have the app (or other app's) on their phone.

If you have some app's on your phone & it is capable of roaming to other systems when your systems signal is weak or not present you can rack up some hefty bills quite quickly. Without a roaming plan it can be extremely high. Fishing or even being anywhere close to the border could put you on US towers. Even when not using the app it may still be running in the background drawing data to your phone & using up data you have to pay for depending on your plan. Bills over $1000 for a few hours for those without plans have been reported.