got a new PB last week

GBW

So as many of you know one of our good members here has a daughter who entered a contest for an eRaeder. She came very close to winning too with out cheating.

A few members here were nice enough to offer different donations to get here one. In the end, we came up with a eReader and some extra cash so she can get some eBooks.

Thank you ALL involved in helping me pull this off and get Jen the 'prize' she deserved.

Here's a pic of my new PB smile... :thumbsup_anim:

jenchemo2010-2011058.jpg

Thanks again everyone!!!

Geoff

That's awesome Geoff. You're a good man for thinking of this and taking it on. I'm sure Jen will get much use from that ereader and will enjoy it for years to come.

Hats off to you and all who contributed :thumbsup_anim:

Well done!!!

Joey

I'd like to thank everyone involved in this from the bottom of our hearts. I have a good idea whom the "suspects" are.. but since you wish to stay annonomous all I can do is thank you here publicly on Jennifer's behalf.

You've all made a young women very happy, "there really are people that care in this world".

What Geoff failed to "complain" about and to show you how badly he wanted to put this all together with the help of some other fine OFC'rs..... He hadn't planned on presenting it on Wednesday. Thursday afternoon was the planned event. Lots got buggered up this week with a planned stay over Easter weekend to have the Oncologist at admission say.. "we're gonna change you from a full week treatment to an overnight treatment so you don't have to spend the weekend here". Now that would have been nice in advance, with a whole bunch of family visits planned (from as far as 300 miles away).. spa night for the gals in the hospital lounge.. etc now thrown out the window.

I called Headhunter at 11am, as Geoff was in a meeting. Message relayed and Geoff blew his lunch time to come to the hospital only to get there while Jen was getting her chemo pushed into her IV line. So he got to wait in the hall for 1/2 an hour, then quickly present Jen with her gift and pretty much had to bolt to get back for a 2pm interview he had scheduled.

Again... THANKS to all involved. The smile says it all. (btw.. that's not just a single $20 sticking out of there)

jenereaderap202011.jpg

Edited by irishfield

A PB that I hope you will never have to beat!

I hope so too!!!

Thank you all for the comments and I didn't do this alone. There are others involved who asked not to be named BUT if they want to speak up they can and will.