Bon Fire Wood

Meely

Hello Kids,

Does anyone have any leads or contacts in regards to cheap Bon Fire wood in the Peterborough area.

I really dont wanna buy a bush chord of fireplace wood only to burn it in the fire pit.

If I was burning it for heat, I wouldnt mind but I dont feel right literally burning money in a fire pit.

Any info is appreciated,

Meely

Go around the industrial areas and ask for old skids.

They make great bonfire wood.

Good advice if you are up to a little work/or have access to skids Meely. Thats what I have been doing here at work. We actually save all our broken skids/scrap wood at work in bins to go out as waste. I just go around when the bins are full...about once every 3 months...and cart the wood home to cut up. Then I throw a weekends worth in boxes when we head for the cottage. It cost me about 4 hours of my time for all my campfire wood last summer. Be real careful when cutting though...skids have lotsa nails in them :angry:

My nahbour is a horder. He has a wood pile a mile high, and doesn't mind that I chip away at it.

I guess I lucked out in that department.

Before he offered though, I used to grab free skids all the time.

Edited by N.A.W

Hello Kids,

Does anyone have any leads or contacts in regards to cheap Bon Fire wood in the Peterborough area.

I really dont wanna buy a bush chord of fireplace wood only to burn it in the fire pit.

If I was burning it for heat, I wouldnt mind but I dont feel right literally burning money in a fire pit.

Any info is appreciated,

Meely

I thought you and the Buckster guy were going to come over to my place and play Paul Bunyan...?

There is a whole Spruce tree out front that has to come down (minus the top one third that the lightning did a number on and killed the tree...

I also got a few 6 foot cedar logs out back that you can have...I need help getting them in my truck (or yours)...

Lemme know...

You cannot bring wood from the GTA outside the quarantine zone folks. A lot of that crate and skid wood from Asia is untreated, and could spread more problems around your favourite getaway. My neice spent 6 months in Toronto doing inspections for Asian longhorn beetle. Amazing how many live specimens she would find in a week.

You cannot bring wood from the GTA outside the quarantine zone folks. A lot of that crate and skid wood from Asia is untreated, and could spread more problems around your favourite getaway. My neice spent 6 months in Toronto doing inspections for Asian longhorn beetle. Amazing how many live specimens she would find in a week.

I guess the phrase buy local really applies to that. Never seen a longhorn beetle, and never want to.

Kuha

Try to find someone who sells slab wood, its way cheaper than firewood and it burns great. We get a dump truck full every fall and it costs about 300 bucks.

1 load eqals about 3 bush cords...a lot of work to cut to stove size...you get a lot of skinny pieces that can be cut-up for kindling...

1 load eqals about 3 bush cords...a lot of work to cut to stove size...you get a lot of skinny pieces that can be cut-up for kindling...

Yeah it takes some work to split up some of the bigger pieces and stacking takes alot of time too, but its still pretty cheap and I like cheap. Doing all that work makes the beers taste that much better too :thumbsup_anim:

roughly two cord of cedar already cut into stove length...lol...it really kills me to say that ...but thats what my son did with a few huge trees off his property...free if you want but ya have to take the stumps too...(they are already out of ground)

Thanks kids,

I was hoping to find someone local who would spare me some.....I dont mind payin a few bucks!!

Bean-o .....I'll gladly take that wood from ya. I'll pop over one day and have a look at that tree that needs to

be cut down as well. May have to use your truck if you dont mind (will pay for gas) as long as the

"Country Strings" aren't on the road with it!

Twocoda......is that an offer??

Where are you located?

Shoot me a pm if you like.

Meely