Long gun registry

dannyboy

Here is a link to a CBC poll about scrapping the long gun registry, although not official politicians may pay attention.

I feel the registry has been a huge waste of resources pandering to the vocal bleeding heart minority. It has had no real effect on the crime rate other than making criminals safer.

'If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear...Except being oppressed for no good reason.'

Dan

This political message sanctioned by OFC??

Tell ya what now that registry is all said and done----I've been a hunter for 35 years and yeah it was a pain on implementation---now it don't bother me at all--I can still do things the way I always have

Leave the fear mongering to the conservative leader

As a long gun owner I agree that the whole thing was a waste of time and money. The problem is that as 80% of Canadian citizens now live in larger urban environments and many of us who grew up using guns as a tool to put food on the table and well as for recreational hunting are getting a little long in the tooth, today's urban dwellers see guns as a threat to public safety and not as a tool. As well, regretably, in those cities, it is also seen as a womens' safety issue. If any political party wants to get rid of the registry, they should keep quiet about it til they get a majority and then do the deed. As long as we keep harping about it and keep the registry in the minds of urban dwellers and particularly a majority of urban women, we will be stuck with it. Sorry if that appears as an "us against them, urban vs rural issue" and a rather sexist point of view, but IMHO, that's the way it is.

You bet leaving more disposable billions for G8 bathroom breaks in Huntsville

That Dollar argument sailed with last years g8-g20

mmmm lets see----I can spend a billion on a weekend photo shoot

Or I can spend a billion to try and make the cops jobs easier

Lets see---ya your right :sarcasm:

You bet leaving more disposable billions for G8 bathroom breaks in Huntsville

That Dollar argument sailed with last years g8-g20

mmmm lets see----I can spend a billion on a weekend photo shoot

Or I can spend a billion to try and make the cops jobs easier

Lets see---ya your right :sarcasm:

I have 4 police officers in my family. Not one of them have ever used the Long Gun Registry. When responding to any domestic call, they always assume and are prepared for the presence of a weapon. To stake one's life strictly on the accuracy of the registry information would be fool hardy.

Edited by Old Man

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I agree that both the registry and the g20 summit were wastes of money.

So WHY are we bickering about it on a fishing board instead of letting our politicians know how we feel?

There is no reason we can't have an intelligent discourse without needing Mods to intervene or adding comments that have no bearing.

Don't take it personally because someone doesn't agree with you - no persons ego should be that fragile.

Dan

Edited by dannyboy

Enough has been said on the long gun registery from both sides.

This is a perfect issue for politicians as its devisive and really not major in the grand scheme of things.

I say lets get back to major issues and the house can debate the registry at some point again in the future.

I live in the NW ontario and i hear a lot about the long gun registry. I dont hunt and have little clue to what the fuss is about.

I did find this interesting....this is a local news report about an all candidate debate that happened recently

All Candidates Forum in Dryden Draws Big Crowd

Posted by BGW on Friday, April 15th, 2011 am 10:36:17 AM

It got a little testy at times during last night's All-Candidates forum for the Federal Candidates in the Kenora Riding.

It was a packed house at the Dryden Legion.

The highlight of the evening for some came when a member of the audience related how her husband had been charged and convicted on a firearms offense, said she knew all about the long gun registry but surely it wasn't the only issue facing voters. She challenged each candidate to describe the single most important issue in the riding without mentioning the gun registry. Her question drew a resounding ovation from the audience.

the Long gun registry

is/was a complete waste of time and money

it will never stop a crime and doesn't make anyone safer

scrap it scrap it scrap it...gov. seemed to think criminals would register all their guns....yeah

it makes honest people criminals

Not only is it a waste of taxpayers dollars.

My concern is this is the first step towards the taking away of repeating firearms.

Hunting is a way of life for many folks that live away from urban centers.

Time to get rid of it.

For those that say it isn't important to them, it's actually the most important thing in this election to many.

Registration is the first step to confiscation. You can call me a right wing tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist all you want. But I know darn well the liberals stance on guns and hunting. In the long run they want it all GONE. its not just our auto loaders they want it's EVERYTHING.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

But I know darn well the liberals stance on guns and hunting. In the long run they want it all GONE. its not just our auto loaders they want it's EVERYTHING.

You need to look no further than your own riding to know that's false. The sault is NDP, algoma manitoulin is liberal... voted in by the citizens... MANY of whom are hunters... Surely the majority of the people in the Soo have at least a family member who hunts, if not themselves!

The Long Gun Registry is bogus, but it's a MINOR issue compared to the problems that we face as a country. But tinfoil hat wearing types like yourself love to drum up fear that the man is going to come and take your guns away and try to make the gun registry seem like a bigger issue to most canadians than it is.

I'm not going to take your guns, but us "liberals" also aren't going to let you try to scare people into voting conservative. Where would the right wing be without it's fear campaigns.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I feel the reaction that it changes nothing and doesn't effect honest people is denial.

The same people will be after your fishing rods after they get your guns.

Check out the poems: First They came by Martin Niemoller and The Hangman by Maurice Ogden; it is the proven tactic of divide and conquer.

Dan

You need to look no further than your own riding to know that's false. The sault is NDP, algoma manitoulin is liberal... voted in by the citizens... MANY of whom are hunters... Surely the majority of the people in the Soo have at least a family member who hunts, if not themselves!

The Long Gun Registry is bogus, but it's a MINOR issue compared to the problems that we face as a country. But tinfoil hat wearing types like yourself love to drum up fear that the man is going to come and take your guns away and try to make the gun registry seem like a bigger issue to most canadians than it is.

I'm not going to take your guns, but us "liberals" also aren't going to let you try to scare people into voting conservative. Where would the right wing be without it's fear campaigns.

Kudos to the Dr.

This idea of big brother taking your guns and your fishing rods reminds me of the simpson when homer gets a gun direct quote.

"Lisa: The second amendment is just a remnant from revolutionary periods, it has no real meaning today

Homer: You couldn't be more wrong Lisa. If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya?"

The registry is a minor issue...lets focus on more important things in the federal election.