HABBBBBBBBBBBBBS

darsky

really? dumbest ever? because that's who habs fans were comparing him to last year in the playoffs.....after 5 or 6 games...... just saying......

I was referring to you comparing Suban to Colton Orr. The announcer were mentioning Bobby or in the broadcast thursday night, and I think that is a rediculous concept. Players should only be compared to other players, if ever, after they have retired.

But you saying that Colton Orr and Suban are similar players is the dumbest post I have read I a while.

I can't believe this is happening, i'm not a bruins fan, but i'm an ultra hater of the smurfs from france. Lets hope the Bruins get it together and pound those smurfs into blueberry jam.

Come on Chancho - don't hold back - tell us how you really feel!

GO HABS GO!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Tracker (Don) :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Check out this article where Subban directly compares himself to Bobby Orr

My link

(here's the text from the article if you don't have time to read the whole thing)

No one will ever confuse Subban for let’s say former Hab Saku Koivu, whose actual leadership skills were equalled only by his sense of modesty. Subban’s got skills, and he isn’t afraid of letting people know it or of people thinking less of him for it, as this tweet today from local reporter Arpon Basu will surely prove:

“Asked Subban today if his spin-o-rama could be construed as cockiness. ‘Well, then Bobby Orr was the cockiest player in NHL history.’”

Somehow Subban is able to both make the greatest comeback ever AND seem like a delusional schizo for comparing himself to Orr! How does he do it? Who knows? Just one of his many skills, it looks like. He’s got charisma, and that’s why we love him.

My linkMy link

Might need facebook to open these 2 links

and yes I think he is a much better player than Coulton Orr, it was just a quote I heard on the satellite radio NHL channel last year that stuck with me, but comparing himself to Bobby Orr (that article was written last November) after just a handfull of NHL games? He must need special order hockey pants to fit his nutz in there!

jjcanoe

I loved watching the Habs dismantle Boston the past 2 games. I may not be a Habs fan, but when the cup is on the line it's always better in Canada. Boston uses the exact same breakout over and over and they cough it up half the time. The other half, their forwards skate directly to the outside wings and take a long, weak, wrist shot. You know, it seems as though the Bruins almost lack a speedy sniper on wing, or is it just me? :whistling:

As well, Tim Thomas, the supposed top goalie in the NHL beginning this season looks very average against this Habs team.

Also, so what you want about PK. When have you ever seen a player that was able to get under peoples skin and take them off their game AND be a top player for their position. Like it or not, PK is turning out to be a great player on both the offensive and defensive sides of his game, in addition to being a frustrating "Sean Avery" like personality.

jjcanoe you continue to out loser yourself with each post. PK was not comparing himself to Bobby Orr. He was saying that Orr did spin o ramas and no one ever called him cocky for that. Suban is a cocky guy, but only someone with a hate on would take this quote and misconstrue it as PK comparing himself to possibly the greatest player to ever play the game.

Get real and stop posting mindless drivel. Or at least start your own thread bashing PK and the Habs. Your massive discretion in interpreting this quote would be similar to myself saying I'm as good an angler as Pete Maina because I fish for musky just like he does. Get real. People making generalizations like you just did is one of th things that pisses me off about the way our society thinks sometimes.

Edited by fishgreg

I don't get how you Leaf and Sens fans still hang on to your hate for the HABS when its playoffs and your teams are golfing...The HABS come first but when the HABS don't make the playoffs I set aside my hatred for the Sens and even the Leafs (not that they ever make the playoffs) as a Canadian. I want to see Canadian teams go as far as possible. If you are american or a real Boston fan for some reason, I understand. The Leaf fans are just very envious and bitter cause they have no clue that winning ever feels like anymore and wish us horrible deaths in a grease fire. Meanwhile the Leafs are watching playoff hockey on TV........FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS IN A ROW!

Edited by Canucker

I don't get how you Leaf and Sens fans still hang on to your hate for the HABS when its playoffs and your teams are golfing...The HABS come first but when the HABS don't make the playoffs I set aside my hatred for the Sens and even the Leafs (not that they ever make the playoffs) as a Canadian. I want to see Canadian teams go as far as possible. If you are american or a real Boston fan for some reason, I understand. The Leaf fans are just very envious and bitter cause they have no clue that winning ever feels like anymore and wish us horrible deaths in a grease fire. Meanwhile the Leafs are watching playoff hockey on TV........FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS IN A ROW!

Personally I couldn't care less whether it's a Canadian or US team in the playoffs. Most of the players are Canadian anyway.

If it's a team I actively dislike why would I suddenly cheer for them?

No envy or bitterness on my part at all.

I think there's something about the cup coming back to Canada that makes me want to cheer on Canadian teams. As a country we carry the NHL. I would love to see the cup come home to Canadian soil even if the leafs won it. I guess it's misplaced patriotism on my part.

jjcanoe's lack of understanding and interpretation from that interview is mind boggling. PK was getting flak because he is a little cocky and uses a little swagger when we have been bombarded with the NHL of the last 5 years that frowns upon such actions...an NHL where regardless of how clean a hit is you now have to start a scrum or a brawl after any big hit in the regular season....PK does things his own way, if you don't like it, cheer for the other team..he doesn't need anyones approval.

Careful with jjcanoe`s link it had my puter doing some crazy things had to re-boot in safe mode, the mods might want to remove the link!

Thanks

Really which one? no probs on my end and I've opened and read them several times before posting them, but I can remove them if anyone else is having a problem......

this quote... “Asked Subban today if his spin-o-rama could be construed as cockiness. ‘Well, then Bobby Orr was the cockiest player in NHL history.’”

this was your first line in the post. "Check out this article where Subban directly compares himself to Bobby Orr"

That first line was a false interpretation of statement and sounded like a news anchor trying to hook an audience to listen to a news story then after hearing it...the audience being like oh...well that's not interesting... How misleading LOL Do you work in media? Run a gossip column? You should...

In my opinion there is no way it can be understood as PK comparing his talents to being the next Bobby Orr's. He's defending himself from the criticism he's received. I'm tired of all the monotone hockey player interviews and political correctness. I love his sarcasm and flare. It pissed me off when Jacques Martin scolded him at the start of the year for excessive celebrating and flamboyancy. Jacques has always been conservative and old school. Any buzz is good buzz. Lame veterans don't like flamboyant youngsters coming in the league and stepping on toes no doubt. Is PK supposed to get run over by veterans and keep his mouth shut? Is he supposed to change the style of hockey he plays which has made him the player he is so that he can play simple ABC hockey? It's not who he is and probably wouldn't be in the NHL. Was Ovechkin's enthusiasm not a complete turn around in Washington? He was criticized even more than PK obviously. Eyes are on Montreal and a young confident upcoming superstar! He will never have Bobby Orr's numbers. The league and everything about it is different but how many other defense men can skate and shoot the puck like that? The Prongers and Lidstroms have their place. Not many like Subban though so he sticks out...also he's a black Dman in the NHL. Yet another thing that sets him apart to stand out. IT'S HIS ROOKIE SEASON and he is in the upper echelon of NHL defense men already. He has proven he is in no way detrimental to the team or the league.

Edited by Canucker