Info About Crowe Lake

Siderli

Could anyone give me some information about Crowe Lake in Marmora please? I'm going for early pike...

* Is the boat launch ramp at Booster Park a public boat launch?

* How is the pikes action?

* Which is better? The lake or River?

Thanks!

I have fished there a few times and had luck for pike it all depends to on the day and time of year as to weather they will be better in the river or lake. But the bass there are weird looking hard to explain kinda looks like a cross from a smallie to a largemouth. They have a huge head and small body I caught quite a few there. But yea I had luck near the river mouths there. Hope that helps and good luck I miss living up there.

If you just have a small boat, there is a launch on Blairton Rd that is public, and free. You can also launch at Blairton Trailer park for a small fee. I haven't fished there much since the pike got in there, but used to fish it a lot back in the day for musky. We used to get a lot of musky in that lake about 15 years ago. Good numbers, and decent size too. If you get one now, buy a lottery ticket!! The pike have messed it up. Crappies are in there now too........

Ya can't go wrong trolling a mepps musky killer around the islands/weed edges. You'll get pike for sure.

S.