need help !!!! regarding a co officer

bigredfisher

If the OP was in NYS he would of been fine instead of fined... :)

Bottom line the fish and game laws in Ontario are about as complicated as they possibly could publish them.... :rolleyes: let's go back to the 1941 regs...life including fishing was better back then... :clapping:

Instead of taking the "Boating Course" online or wherever before being allowed to operate a vessel, maybe there should be a "Fishing Law Course" before you're allowed purchase a fishing license...of course foreigners like myself would be exempt. :whistling:

Guest gbfisher

As the rules Stand now. If you're fishing Muskie with a conservation license and happen to pull the fish out of the water to take a picture like just about every fisherman does. You can be fined. Same goes with pulling a fish out of the water for a picture if it is in a slot or under the leagal size of Muskie that can be kept.

I say they can fine you. I doubt all CO`s would but you are left with the fact that you can be fined when taking unnessasary time to release your fish after it was caught. It is a sad fact regardless. Having to go to court to prove yourself innocent may even have you walk away with the same fine with the arguement that will entale.

As for adding more to another persons limit after you have reached yours.....Give your head a shake!

I still say that fishing has got to the point where an average person cannot just go fishing without the fact that they could be charged with an ambiguous fine.

Im done... :rofl2:

Edited by gbfisher

Challenge it in court for a reduced fine and to have it removed from your record. If you plead guilty with an explanation the judge will cut the fine in half if not more. I always contest my parking tickets and never have to pay anything since bylaws never have proof that i was in violation which i never am. Just cuz your at fault doesn't mean you cant fight it and have a lesser fine.

Glad to see the CO's doing their job, seems as if there is almost a daily report of them out there lately :good:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I, like many others here as well, was unaware of the regulations regarding the limits and this so-called "party fishing," just another perk to this forum. Will definitely keep this in mind next time I'm group fishing and keeping a limit.

Yikes, I normally keep the fish in one bucket when I fish with someone...no more....but then I don't ever come close to the limit :wallbash: ....

1941 regs were your catch was your limit, If you caught your limit that was it didn't matter if you released them or swallowed them whole. If your limit was 6 fish you were done after your 6th fish.

Catch and release came along when the fish were too polluted to eat in an effort to increase tourism.

There are 2 references to culling here, is culling more than your limit now legal? I didn't think it was.

Just as Fishlogic said.

Go to court, explain your case and hope for the best.

It never hurts to go over the regs wth a fine tooth comb and then try to remember them. The C.O did do his job so you can't falt hom for that. Like everything else in this country you have to understand the laws. For your sake I hope you don't end up with a record and that is why if you are right or wrong you have to put together a good defence for court. Good luck to you and next time read the regs. If you don't get it then ask here or even better get proper clarification first.

He won't end up with a record. It's no different than a speeding ticket.

I had an issue many moons ago in my teens where I thought I was not in sanctuary water but because I was just upriver of the down stream side of a bridge I was considered in the sanctuary. My mistake and I paid the fine and all is done. It happens, pay your fine and get on with your life.

I went to court anyway and had the fine cut in 1/2. So if your time is worth $90 go, if not pay the fine. wink.gif

Can my friend and I not put our combined limit into my livewell???

Do I need a seperate bucket for him in the boat.

I am confused?????

Landry

if you have not more then a one person limit (including)slot size yes you both can throw your fish in a livewell...like in a tourney....

but other wish you need to be able to tell which ones are yours.......shower curtain clips work well, a safety pin or get a paper hole punch and pop a hole in the fin

anything to prove which ones are yours or you are illegal

Edited by Terry®

I do plan on taking this matter to court, not sure weather it's gonna be a trial or plea guilty with explanation

It's just a fine correct? Not a criminal charge. There is no trial for a fine, just a meeting with the Crown more than likely. He'll record what you say and thats about it, it's not like you murdered someone, lol.

More than likely the Crown will hear you out, reduce the fine, then you pay it. Thats about it

It's just a fine correct? Not a criminal charge. There is no trial for a fine, just a meeting with the Crown more than likely. He'll record what you say and thats about it, it's not like you murdered someone, lol.

More than likely the Crown will hear you out, reduce the fine, then you pay it. Thats about it

He DID murder a few fish! But his fine will be reduced as it was a crime of passion committed for his Dad. No worries. :)

Guest gbfisher

I just don't want it on my record

Ok I'll bite. :sarcasm:

What Record do you have already that you are so concerned about tainting? :D

With that kind of idea it could put you back to square one. :rolleyes: