Security Q 4 U

GBW

Hey all.

So I have a home security question for you. My father has a feeling one on the neighbors has been sneaking in his cottage home while he’s out to check on the work that my father is doing to the home/cottage. His hidden key has been moved two times now so he’s a bit concerned about someone being in his place. Nobody other than him knew this key was there (heck, I had no clue it was there too and I’m his son!). He has since moved the key to find it in a close but not the same spot situation. What is the best way (as a quick fix) for him to track and photograph this while he is out? Let’s say he’s got a budget of $400 just to get ideas as I have no clue what his real budget is. If it is one on the nosy neighbors can he use it to press trespassing charges? I told him to put up a sign at the gate stating “Property under video surveillance” to see if that helps too. Thoughts, ideas, anyone in the field willing to help? Thanks.

Geoff

game cams take pictures.

the only thing i might question is date and time. not familiar with these but i would think that good ones would record date and time.

i would think that that would prove your accusations and support charges.

i would check with a lawyer first.

or change the lock but leave the old key out.

this should send the guys head spinning.

if you need somone to change the lock and make the door more secure i can help you with that.

doors and locks are easy for me (i have installed well over 200 )

deal breaker... (charge)

a days fishing?

go to SB Simpson or another industrial supply shop and pick up some high spot blue ink, this stuff spreads and stays on your hands for a while, get him to put some on the bottom of the key when he puts it in the box, when he notices its moved go knock on the neighbors door, if his hands are blue call the cops and charge him for trespassing