Boat Insurance

Raf

I tried my broker. Maybe I should be looking for a new one; his idea of boat insurance it to put it under home. When I mentioned I did not want to do that, I rec'vd a blank stare. He does get me a great deal on auto ins though.

I am going with a standalone marine insurance policy as opposed to putting it on house insurance.

Who are you with and would you recommend?

Marine Expert

Best prices I could find for the coverage I needed.

Also, they were able to modify the layup for me to suit the open water season here in S. Ont.

Endorsement No. XXVI - SPECIAL ENDORSEMENT

Lay up period is amended to read Dec 31st to April 1st

Is your insurance broker with allstate or state farm?? If so, that's all he has to offer. Keeping it separate is smart because if you have a claim on your boat insurance, only your boat insurance goes up, not everything else (house, car, etc...) Call around, spend a bit of time doing it.

Ive had my policy seperate from the house, and car. Fully insured to the a tee all year long. With little ones running around, you never know. And I insured it with the same place I insure everything. Its easier and they know me there.

I'm with Aviva Canada/NautiMax. They allowed me to shorten my lay-up time (Nov 30 to April 1) without an increase in my premium.

It was Nov 1 to Apr 30.mad.gif

Anyone boating in Dec. or March, are you paying alot more to run the boat then?

My insurance would essentially double in order to have coverage from Dec 31-Apr 1. I'm ice fishing during the layup period anyway so it's not worth the added cost to me.